3800 Favorite Quote

I

itlnrob

I'm sure people have some quotes that they like to live by or that inspire them to be successful.

Here is one i like.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

I

imported_Diavolo

"When the government keeps detailed records on every move we make and we either need advance permission for everything we do or are penalized for not knowing what the rules are, America will be declared a police state." -- Congressman Ron Paul, 2002

"If you not be forgotten after your dead and rotten, write something worth reading, or do something worth the writting." - Ben Franklin

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Franklin

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
"Who do I trust........Me!" -Paccino (scarface)

"If you need to tell someone something, do it. You never know when you will see them again." - Probably someone, but I live by it.

"The day I am no longer affraid......Is the day I will retire from racing." - Mario Andretti

"When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "this much", then stretched out his arms and died." -??? But I have it framed with a visual of Jesus ont he cross.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
"The lord made me hard to handle" haha

"Sometimes we put up walls, not to block people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

"When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of
forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for
us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you

Don't let the past hold you back, you're missing the good stuff

Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Apr 28 2005, 12:42 AM
"Who do I trust........Me!"  -Paccino (scarface)

"If you need to tell someone something, do it.  You never know when you will see them again."  - Probably someone, but I live by it.

"The day I am no longer affraid......Is the day I will retire from racing." - Mario Andretti

"When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "this much", then stretched out his arms and died." -???  But I have it framed with a visual of Jesus ont he cross.
[snapback]81398[/snapback]​

dude, i live by the same ones. those are the best lines i have ever heard. especially the andretti one.
and the tell someone before its too late, i know someone that didnt say a something to that person and she did pass. not cool :(

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I forogt one, this came from the movie A BRONX TALE. I had one of the fellas in another forum find it for me

C: Sonny was right, the working man is a sucker, dad, he is a sucker.

DeNiro: He's wrong! It don't take much strength to pull a trigger but try and get up every morning, day after day and work for a living, let's see him try that! Then we'll see who's the the real tough guy - the workin' man is the tough guy! Your father's the tough guy!

C: Everybody loves him, just like everybody loves you on the bus, it's the same thing!

DeNiro: No, it's not the same - people don't love him, they fear him. There's a difference.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Two I live by, and for reasons that may not be immediately obvious:

We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid. -Anonymous

I chose this one because of its inherent truth about humans. We make stupid thoughts into ideologies that hinder our ability to see the whole picture. this quote helps me remember to never let my pre-conceived thoughts interfere with an objective look at my world.

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at
the root."
-Thoreau

This one should be a little more obvious. Quit wasting time on the extremity of a problem, and focus on the issue at hand. Dont become obsessed with the act of fixing your problem, but instead take the time to indentify and then solve the true problem before you.

BC

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by Diavolo@Apr 27 2005, 11:52 PM
"When the government keeps detailed records on every move we make and we either need advance permission for everything we do or are penalized for not knowing what the rules are, America will be declared a police state." -- Congressman Ron Paul, 2002

"
[snapback]81391[/snapback]​

Ron Paul is a brilliant politician.

Excellent quote.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info