3800 K.....Have a Problem...help needed.

Ok...well, last night i went to my g/fs house....till bout 10 oclock...everything was perfectly fine with the car...well, bout 10 i started her up and get my ABS brake on and TCS off...and my steering was kinda shitty....well, i figured it was a fuse and found out some magna steering or what ever and all the other stuff was on one fuse....well,today i tested ALL my fuses....all of them were checking good...checked all of them with a tester too....i don't have a manual for the 2000 gp with al lthe fuses and stuff so i don't know what to even pull out inside the car...

Anyone have any ideas?
Is there more fuses i don't know bout...is it a relay??

Thanks

Tom

I

imported_snoop

its a little tough to explain. but here it goes...
take the wheel off(start with the easy stuff first), down under the rotor there is a sensor plug. that is your ABS sensor. if its dirty, cut, whatever(not likely but very possible), you would see the problem right there.
now if its your hub bearing, you need to take out the 34 or 36mm axle nut that is right in the middle bolted to the half shaft threads, then you need to take the 3 13mm bolts out behind the rotor(not exactly but you'll see). they are in a triangle shape(one up top and then the 2 off to the sides below). that peice once you get all the brake shit off is your hub bearing. the switch is in the hub bearing and then goes to your pcm. once those start to go, it sets off a ABS light.
hope this helps, if not, let me know

1993 sle

Apr 9, 2008
Originally posted by gtpkid2004@Apr 27 2005, 10:57 PM
ill right man...i'll have to take a peak inside....
Why would it set the abs light one, the tcs off and the steering problem i had...??
it would do all that?

Thanks!

Tom
[snapback]81373[/snapback]​

the the steering problem is related to your ABS/TC. the Magnasteer uses the imputs from the ABS/TC, your steering will feel sloppy if there is a problem with the ABS/TC. Also.the WSS will set the ABS/TC problem. the WSS sensor can be easly damaged, and cause the light to come on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info