Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
as the title says with the following mods

FWI
3.4 pulley
3 inch down pipe high flow catty
PEM's

would you go with the zzp nic cam or intense 1:9 ratio rockers? I'm guessing I could maybe run a 3.3' pulley with rockers? what size could I possibly run with the cam? and if I pick the cam who gets to help me install it :blink: looks like I would need PCM tunning to according to the zzp website?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by Dreamcat78@Apr 27 2005, 12:15 PM
seriously the 2 of those are very different mods..i would go for the rockers then follow up with headers and some PCM tuning and a TB
[snapback]81300[/snapback]​

I would probably recommend this, even though its not what I did. I did VS cam and TOG Headers at the same time, but its your call. Um.. the NIC is a rough cam, if its your daily driver, and if you want to be tuning a lot then go for it. But a buddy of mine just put it in and it is no cake walk to get the thing running right, he has had to update quite a few things and having misfiring problems all over the place, he is apparent needs new injectors as well for it so you might want to figure that cost in. Good luck with your choice, I am happy with my set up :D

I

imported_snoop

low 13's, all you need is rockers and even that is over kill. if thats as far as you would like to go with the car, stick with the rockers and have a ball with them. that will get you plenty fast enough and then some if all you would like is 13's. have fun dawg.

p.s. also, rockers is about a 3-4 hour job, cam is like a 10-12 hour job. rockers are just bolt up and go(except for intense gen 3's) and is pull the motor and all the way into it you go. ya know.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by xierxior@Apr 27 2005, 05:50 PM
well, I didn't know that cam required that much tunning I'm aiming for low 13's?
[snapback]81334[/snapback]​

Yeah I just thought I would give you a heads up on that it takes a lot. And I agree with snoop on the rockers if you want to go for low 13's. However if you get help with the cam from someone who knows what they are doing it can easily be done much faster. We had my engine in and out and headers kinda on in about 6 (headers are a long story). But good luck with whatever you do, but you should be able to reach low 13's no problem!

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I had Rockers... and i LOVED them... 55-75 never pulled so hard before.

I am going cammed because the motor was apart and the right deal came by... so i decided not to pass it up.

Either choice... get at least 105# springs to be safe...

Although low 13's is fesable with intercooler, alky injection, injectors, headers, intake, exhaust, pcm, plugs.. (and a few other minor things)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I guess you just answered your own question then? :blink:

Originally posted by Fish+Apr 27 2005, 11:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Apr 27 2005, 05:52 PM
top end will be much better with a cam though........thats were rockers will fall off.
[snapback]81346[/snapback]​

Explain. Since rockers usually arent even felt till over 4K RPMs. 4K+ is where they come into play.
[snapback]81387[/snapback]​
[/b]

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Apr 28 2005, 10:56 AM
your little challenges all the time bore me.........get a life..... <_<
[snapback]81455[/snapback]​

Haha, just cause my life is a bit different than yours, dont get all sour when I show you up in info.

Your the one trying to spout info when you dont know what your talking about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info