3800 vehicle emissions test notice

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by preussenGTP@Apr 26 2005, 08:50 PM
i have been running 100 octane for three weeks now..how will the 'racing fuel' effect emissions, good idea or bad? 
[snapback]81225[/snapback]​

As long as your car is 1998 or newer they'll do the test all from the OBDII port under the dash. As long as you're not setting any codes you should pass no problem. The high octane gas will cause your unburnt hydrocarbon emissions to be higher than lower octane, but this won't really matter much cuz they won't be testing your exhaust emissions. If my car can pass.....anyone's can.

Originally posted by ThaLord@Apr 26 2005, 10:08 PM
above is true.. if you aren't throwing an SES, you'll pass...

and.. just a correction.. it is 1996 and newer that run all ODBII

And also.. as long as you have not unplugged your battery.. or changed PCM's within the last couple hundred miles..
[snapback]81231[/snapback]​
cool! thanks for the input. i keep hearing horror stories of dudes who modded their cars and cant pass emissions.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
additional correction :D as long as you're not setting an SES and it's a 96 or newer car.. you will probably pass...

You do however have to have all of your readiness tests completed... (depends on year... older cars are allowed to fail more than newer cars)

On a mildly modded car though... no SES = you pass (so long as you don't disconnect your battery right before going)

Heck... even my TA passes and I don't have a full cat -back or cats ... or EGR, or AIR or... hmmmm... but all my readiness tests pass :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info