3800 Keys stuck, but...................

Kustomkid54

Regular
Oct 21, 2008
When I turn car off after short drives, around 10 miles, I can't get key out. But I don't care about that. Should be able to fix that alright.
But, when this happens, if I try to start, the motor just shakes. I mean to the point the tail pipes rattles. I turn it off, wait a min. and it starts up fine, AND KEY COMES OUT. This has happened every day for the past three days when I get to work. But, when I drive it home at night, when it's cooler. I don't have any troubles. Now before it drives me nuts AND I REALLY DO SELL IT. Any ideas?

post-9-1113606325.jpg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Thats weird, i had a problem when the key would not come out of the ignition but my car didnt have the shakes. I had to replace the shifter assembly cuz the car would think it was still in gear and wouldnt let the key out, some little switch in the shifer went bad. Could it be a securty thing with pass key III messing up if your year has it?

Kustomkid54

Regular
Oct 21, 2008
Have this post out on about 6 sites I go to. If you drop all the "I don't really know, you want to write something" replies. Everyone comes up with shifter, or wire that runs to shiter.
What did the new shifter run you? Going to give that a try first. I hate to "throw parts at the car". But seems everyone is coming to the same anwser.

Thanks for the help.

post-9-1113606325.jpg

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
ur not hitting the right button then, cause its a manual release, and the key has to come out because then there is nothing holding the key in the socket. But thats just a cheap trick to something that will get annoying fast too. The shifter does seem to be the answer that most people give. I'm just really cheap though, and my car is mostly ghetto rigged, so im not going to throw a new $hifter in the car when all i have to do is finger it and were both happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info