3800 Electrical System

I

imported_Diavolo

Well, my electrical system sucks. I removed my gauges to help out some but I don't know if that did anything.

My headlights go almost completly out when I try to put up both my windows at the same time or use my horn etc.

The battery is good.

Can someone come up with a list of things I will need to upgrade the grounds and doing the alt rewire and the fuel pump rewire. I did searches on CGP but I don't understand what people are saying. I want to get everything together and then at the mod day, hopefully get some help getting everything put in the car.

I am assuming I will have to buy the fuel pump rewire from ZZP, I want to get the alt rewire from Mike here, and I also want to clean up all the grounds. Are there any other rewires I should do? I want to upgrade the harness for the headlights since mine SUCK.

Thanks
Mike

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have a brand new FP rewire from ZZP that I will never use. I won it at MGM. I was going to put it up in the classified, but don't know what to ask for it. I already have the Casper's one on my car.

The biggest improvement you will get will be from better grounds for sure. I would get a ground wire to attach to where the battery attaches to the body, and run it to the motor too.

and,
http://wbodystore.com/catalog/product_info...b6a9e0ba6cc6848

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
The ALT rewire is easy, it took me about 10 minutes to do it. I also did the HD headlight harness (I used suvlights.com) and that also was a relatively fast/easy install, headlights are brighter and whiter. I picked up a FP rewire but like you will also need help on putting that on, and cleaning/upgrading my grounds.

Maybe you need a new alternator? Id get that tested..

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
When I did my Alt rewire, I noticed a difference as well, you should give that a try if you haven't already.

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Apr 22 2005, 01:28 PM
The ALT rewire is easy, it took me about 10 minutes to do it. I also did the HD headlight harness (I used suvlights.com) and that also was a relatively fast/easy install, headlights are brighter and whiter. I picked up a FP rewire but like you will also need help on putting that on, and cleaning/upgrading my grounds.

Maybe you need a new alternator? Id get that tested..
[snapback]80737[/snapback]​

Did you notice a big difference with the headlight harness? Cuz it seems mine are not as bright as they should be.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Diavolo@Apr 22 2005, 01:17 PM
Well, my electrical system sucks.  I removed my gauges to help out some but I don't know if that did anything.

My headlights go almost completly out when I try to put up both my windows at the same time or use my horn etc. 

The battery is good.

Can someone come up with a list of things I will need to upgrade the grounds and doing the alt rewire and the fuel pump rewire.  I did searches on CGP but I don't understand what people are saying.  I want to get everything together and then at the mod day, hopefully get some help getting everything put in the car.

I am assuming I will have to buy the fuel pump rewire from ZZP, I want to get the alt rewire from Mike here, and I also want to clean up all the grounds.  Are there any other rewires I should do?  I want to upgrade the harness for the headlights since mine SUCK.

Thanks
Mike
[snapback]80731[/snapback]​

which color you want 10 bucks shipped

blue, red, black, silver

let me know

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info