3800 Engine rattle from front at idle. WP area.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Posting this as I go. I was wrapping up a coulpe things with my car getting ready for Mr. Vogel to come by in the near future to help with the PCM. So I can get this flippen car running the way it should. Then it happened. Another set back.

Seemed I developed a rattle at the front of the engine area. Near the WP area. First I thought it was the tensioner or WP. I yanked the Scer belt. Still there. Then I yanked the accessory belt and the noise dissapeared. I pulled off the WP and couldnt visually see any damage. So now im suspisious of the accessory tensioner. At a second glance it seemed to have a little lateral play or runnout.

At first I was leary. I had figured the timming chain tensioner broke and the chain was slapping around. Cause I one of those morons thats running a TEP cam and 130# springs on a stock timming chain. (actually the DRs werent availibly when I rebuilt my engine.) So I called Paul and jewed him down on a double roller.

Down again. I think I have a handle on it. But im bummed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list