3800 Mini-mod day at my place

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I promised several people to get some stuff done for them, and everytime I think it's a free weekend, something comes up. So screw it! I'm just going to have a little mod day ay my place.

I'll get the grill out front, and have a cooler for drinks and such. There is room to fit about 6 cars in the driveway, and plenty of street parking. Have tools, and air compressor availible. I'll also fill the welding tank up if anyone needs some stuff done. There are some nice open roads just west of me to do atap runs too. Please feel free to swing by.

To Mapquest:
Ron Vogel
154 N Palmer Drive
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
Home# 630-759-5149

I'm thinking of keeping it around 9am to 6-7pm. I'd go longer, but by then my wife will need a break with the kids.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by MIKES3@Apr 22 2005, 10:06 AM
Ron I will show up. If all possible I want to throw the gator back belt on my car :)
I will even bring beer and a side dish
[snapback]80680[/snapback]​
Sonds good, I also have several GB and Napa belts here of various sizes. Not sure on milage, but none has more than 5-7K miles on them.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by MIKES3@Apr 22 2005, 10:59 AM
Sweet.. I bought the 660 (last 3 digits) for the 3.4 pulley. When I'm in neutral and hit the accel to bout 3k RPMS I hear a little squeak noise. I think I need a smaller belt were my thoughts

What kind of beer do you drink?
[snapback]80690[/snapback]​
Well, it might not be a bad idea to get the bigger tesioner pulley. I got one from Murrays, it was under $20 and it really helps plus you won't need a new belt. The Dayco part # is:89018, don't tell them the car; just the #. They are slaves to the computer's there. I tried several different places like Autozone and such, Murray's is the only place that has them.

As far as beer, I like Corona, but Miller lite would be best; most people like it.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I'll stop by. Anything I can bring, pop? food? Im thinking that at my mileage (102-3k) I may need a new idler, or is it tensioner? I dont remember what it was, that usually goes out around this mileage, anyone know what im talking about? Also, anyone know the part number for an accesory belt?

Anyone know how to replace door molding/trim, it would be the molding/trim that runs horizontal by where the window and door meet? I know the panel has to be removed and thats about all I know, mine dry rotted and all the plastics covering peeled off and the metals showing, kind of an eyesore.

-Nick

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Apr 22 2005, 12:10 PM
I'll stop by. Anything I can bring, pop? food? Im thinking that at my mileage (102-3k) I may need a new idler, or is it tensioner? I dont remember what it was, that usually goes out around this mileage, anyone know what im talking about? Also, anyone know the part number for an accesory belt?

Anyone know how to replace door molding/trim, it would be the molding/trim that runs horizontal by where the window and door meet? I know the panel has to be removed and thats about all I know, mine dry rotted and all the plastics covering peeled off and the metals showing, kind of an eyesore.

-Nick
[snapback]80712[/snapback]​

POP??? for these guys?? are you kidding me!!!!! Better bring beer :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Apr 22 2005, 12:10 PM

-Nick
[snapback]80712[/snapback]​
Hot dogs and buns would be good, I'll make burgers. It's the tensioner that you have to worry about, checkout the PN I listed above.

Also, I'd like to encourage people to bring "Swap Meet" types of car stuff. I have a few things that people may want, and I know others are in the same boat. It'd be nice to see everyone be happy, weither they sold something, or found something they needed from someone else.
Las Mod day at Miller's I brought some stuff with me, and surprizingly sold quite a bit of it (mostly small stuff), but it worked out. I have lots of stuff I wouldn't normally consider putting up on the boards that I bought for "projects". I'll set it aside in case anyone wants it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info