3800 Hey

Im looking first off since its not a lot of money to get tints and install my subs and amp and also i need to get a detail job cause my car have so many swirls on it. After i get the little things done im looking to get a new exhust and intake. Does any one have any sug. for me. Im looking for 300+ HP this summer. Shouldnt be hard and not a lot of money right?

I

imported_GraFFix

First off welcome!

Second...for exhaust work check out this post... http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=3305

third...300hp? youll soon find out that it will indeed cost some money to get to this power range.

Id start off with the basics and work from there...

Smaller pully $200 for a modular system dont buy just a press on..youll regret it later
Cold air intake $50-200 depending on what you want
DHP PCM $200 i believe...i could be wrong
Exhaust $300-600 depending on what you go with

then after the simple things are done you can look for more power with the following...

1.9 ratio rockers $350 or so
or
Cam $350 plus everything else associated with it...stronger valve springs, retainers, OR pushrods, cam install kit, timing chain double or single which then brings it up to around $800-900

Intercooler (ZZP) $1300

And after you start making all the power..youll definatly need a trans rebuild. which will run from $1500 to $4000 depending on what you want to do.

hope this helps

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by GTPItalian@Apr 21 2005, 02:04 PM
Im looking first off since its not a lot of money to get tints and install my subs and amp and also i need to get a detail job cause my car have so many swirls on it. After i get the little things done im looking to get a new exhust and intake. Does any one have any sug. for me. Im looking for 300+ HP this summer. Shouldnt be hard and not a lot of money right?
[snapback]80548[/snapback]​

300 at the crank should not be 2 hard! but at the wheels.....I wouldnt say a whole lot of money but your gonna feel it a lil! I guess it all depends on how deep your pockets are ;)

Hey also, whats a good website do buy parts? Is www.pfyc.com good? And also what is a good intake? Is this a good one? Speedbuilt® Fenderwell Intake Kit - $179.99 .
I see that a lot of people have Trasher ones. Im not into cars a whole lot so I dont know much about good parts.
Also what about this. Magnuson Nose Drive - $279.00
Im trying to get a good start with some things. What would u recommend about an intake and exhust?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For an intake, a fenderwell intake would be the cheapest way possible. For that you can either get some tubing from Intense, or just goto home depot and get some parts. I actually have some tubing that I wont be using anymore I could sell you.

For an exhaust, if you wanna do it all, either get some headers or ported exhaust manifolds, 3" down pipe, and catback. Either catback will do.

If you see a GP like this, just honk. Since I live in Elk Grove. :D

MGM6.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info