3800 Ls1 valvetrain, need a quick hand

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Apr 20 2005, 11:18 AM
did you go to strong springs when you did the cam?????????
[snapback]80336[/snapback]​

lol... I would hope so :) at over .600 inches of lift and huge duration a stock spring would begin floating immediately and you'd be hearing valves slapping the pistons heh

(he went with good spring, not sure on seat pressure but they're good for .650 lift, prolly around 145 lbs seat pressure)

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
yes i did "strong" springs :)
supposedly good to .650 lift and im at around .612

mike- i honestly dont know what the right procedure is for torquing the rockers, ive heard a ton of different things. i want to check that the pushrods are all straight and retorque the rocker bolts, shouldnt take too long. if you're going to be in the woodfield area this weekend im about 10 minutes south.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
are your heads milled at all? what lenght pushrods did you go with? (if the heads aren't milled I believe 7.400" pushrods are to be used, but if the heads are milled more than .030" then 7.350")

I'll verify the procedure, but I've always used 22ft/lbs then 1/4 turn , which the piston at TDC at the end of the compression stroke

I should be out and about this weekend (still waiting on transmission, and stupid fedex LOST my PT4400 that I sent back to yank... fortuanetly I was able to get a good price on a slightly used PT4400 that doesn't need to be cut open)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
ok... I'll let you know later in the week, but I should be around to help...
Did you keep stock pushrods or go w/hardened? (I'm hoping hardened? the stockers will have a hard time at upper RPMs compressing those stiff springs)

If you went hardened (which I don't think you can buy non hardened 7.350" and I'm sure LG would have required them) then I doubt any are bent... a valve will smack a piston and go straight through before a hardened pushrod will bend (that's why alot of 6 speed guys will go w/stock push rods wwhen they're running mild... 560ish lift cams... better to bend a pushrod on a missshift than a valve)

I've gotta comp cams pushrod length checker tool too I can bring just to be certain

Also... stock rockers or aftermarket? (Yella Terra, etc...) and they're still stock ratio correct? (1.7:1)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• X
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list