3800 Ron Vogel...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I think it might be overkill with the 3/4" ends on it, but I got it from autoperformanceengineering.com.

There's probably a better (and cheaper) solution than a $125 pump for the little lines on the SS IC.

What are the size of the lines on there? I can take a look around at least. IIRC ZZP reccomends a 4 GPM pump to optimize it.

You may want to talk to Mike K. also, he's selling a 4 GPM pump that will work ok; and it's half the money. I know at least the ends offer good flexibility for fitting sizes.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well the problem with the flojet is the noise. Any impeller pump is going to be quieter than a diaphragm pump. Impellers suffer from not being self-priming, but as long as they are mounted low everything is good. Diaphragm pumps can be mounted anywhere, and can even be run dry, but since a piston has to be pushed back and fourth, they vibrate more and are a lot more noisy. Also remember, stay away from anything high pressure.

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Apr 19 2005, 08:10 AM
Well the problem with the flojet is the noise. Any impeller pump is going to be quieter than a diaphragm pump. Impellers suffer from not being self-priming, but as long as they are mounted low everything is good. Diaphragm pumps can be mounted anywhere, and can even be run dry, but since a piston has to be pushed back and fourth, they vibrate more and are a lot more noisy. Also remember, stay away from anything high pressure.
[snapback]80158[/snapback]​

haha, i am going to stay away from the 20 gpm pump. that thing would probably blow the radiator out of my car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info