• Stay with supercharger w/ stage 2 cam/intercooler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
On the way home today from a friends house with friend behind me:

came off a green light.....going to 25mph.....boooooooom..clang clang clang tick tick tick. I look in the rear view....nothing but blueish/white/grey smoke just barreling out.

I know the motor is fucked, My piston shattered. so now I am running on 5 pistons and a rod...which is turning my block into swish cheese. I say fuck it. I alreadyu have an excuse to put a new motor in her. I am only 4 miles away from my house. I get off the main road with friend still behind me.

I get her up to 65..full on the gas.....no more ticken. I see me rpms start to stumble.......then........BOOOOOOOOmclang clang(parts flying under the car) again. I look in my rearview....I cant see my friends car. white smoke blown everywhere. The motor dies...and I coast into a local parking lot. I get out of the car....smoke barreling out from under the hood.

I ask my friend if he has any marshmellows. I then see under my car ...growing every second...a big sludgy puddle. My oil, mixed with my coolant.....running out of the motor like niagra falls. I then look at my oil trail leading out of the parking lot...down the street about a quarter of a mile. my friend and I walked back down the road following the 3ft wide oil spill.

along the way we fined where my rod went through the oil pan. I pick up 5-6 pieces of piston, couple oil pan screws, and part of a piston ring. I got home....told my parents. They say I'm on my own for thisd one. :) :D :)

I am excited!!!!!!!!! I finally get to put my parts on the car!!!! I have a new moor lined up, and should get it this wed. I am pulling this blown motor out tomarrow after work...too see if my heads are salvagable. I cant wait. I get to do my car the way I want it. No parents saying this and that. My way, MY money. Its all on me. :)

I was talking to a certain person on here...and he recamended that I just keep my SC setup. which one would you guys/gals recammend for me? I am wanting to hit 11.5 in the quarter mile. after that...I am done with this car. Which do you guys like? I know the turbo cars are amazingly quick.........and I do like the sc as well. right now is crunch time for me and I need to know what you guys think.

I

imported_Theautoguy

...all I'm saying is that with the trouble you've had in getting your PCM set with the supercharger, you'll spend all this summer sorting out the program. That is if you can get ahold of someone with the skills and the time to work with you on it. I see the PCM as being the bottleneck. After that, I would guess you'd need stronger pistons and a cam to help tie it all together.

A cam and your existing mods in a supercharged L67 will cost less, take less time and allow for a more dependable potential 12 second car.

I'm conservative though, plus I think a good looking car like Jacob's should be out on the street rather than sitting in a shop hooked up to a laptop.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Take it from me, I have been there.....to get an M90 car to make some serious power will cost ALOT of money, it starts with just a few hundred here and a thousand there, but when its all said and done you will have over $15,000 into the car, and be pissed off that its not running the number. The most cost effective way to make power is with a turbo, and there is no arguing that. Using a turbo kit you can easily achieve 11s while spending less than $6,000.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
here are some pics of my car yesterday morning.

car040805026.jpg

oil on the valve cover.....dont know how.

car040805027.jpg

looking under the car from the front. My car was also sitting in a parking lot for 6hrs before it was towed back to my house. this was on the garage floor 12hrs later...and still dripping.

car040805036.jpg

looking under casr from right front tire

car040805030.jpg

oil splatter under hood

car040805029.jpg

there is even lil oil splatter on the SC snout.

Thread Info