3800 Bike shops?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Anyone know any good bike shops around the area that specialize in older Harley's?? I got a 65 that needs some work done to it, actually alot of work. I need the carb re-built, some cables and wires replaced and some other stuff, and i know if i go to Harley they are probably gonna rape me on price. Well if anyone knows any good places let me know

thanks
Jim

Heres a couple pics of the bike
76783.jpg

76823.jpg

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 00GTPSC@Apr 13 2005, 11:48 PM
Anyone know any good bike shops around the area that specialize in older Harley's?? I got a 65 that needs some work done to it, actually alot of work. I need the carb re-built, some cables and wires replaced and some other stuff, and i know if i go to Harley they are probably gonna rape me on price. Well if anyone knows any good places let me know

thanks
Jim

Every bike dealer will hammer you to do repairs. The best thing (time allowing) is to do it yourself. If not, find some local harley boards and scout for wrenches for hire. Some guys are very capable and some even work for beer :cheers:

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by Glasuan@Apr 14 2005, 03:24 PM
Wow, that is one nice bike.  But sr71_rgl is right, find a local monkey wrench to do it, otherwise dealer prices are extremely high.
[snapback]79519[/snapback]​

thanks, not bad for a 20 year old huh? :D Still deciding what to do though, i called Harley and a new carb is gonna run me 400$ i was either thinking that, or i know someone that is selling an 01 Katana for 2000$ that would be a good starter bike for me. Heres some pics of my dad's other bike. I love this bike, he put like 4 grand in chrome on it, it's a 79 with only 10,000 original miles on it. The 65 has 40K

76788.jpg

76825.jpg

76786.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list