3800 any good local tranny shops?

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
i live in elgin and i was wondering if there were any good local tranny shops around. i think that i'm gonna have to have it rebuilt sooner or later, prolly sooner. sometimes when it shifts, it seems like it's taking a second just to shift gears. and every once in a while when i'm cruising down the highway the rpms will start dancing around for about 5 seconds for no reason. I just bought it a week ago, would the dealer be liable in any way since i bought it so recently?

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Apr 13 2005, 07:57 PM
i live in elgin and i was wondering if there were any good local tranny shops around. i think that i'm gonna have to have it rebuilt sooner or later, prolly sooner. sometimes when it shifts, it seems like it's taking a second just to shift gears. and every once in a while when i'm cruising down the highway the rpms will start dancing around for about 5 seconds for no reason. I just bought it a week ago, would the dealer be liable in any way since i bought it so recently?
[snapback]79375[/snapback]​

If you don't mind driving an hour or so hit up LPSPEED2 on this board. His dad has a trans shop on the northwest side of the city (i think its there :blink: ) and a couple of guys have had him build trans' for them...so far so good. He's an active board member so customer service is very good.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
k, i think i'll send him a pm. i emailed zzp about it and they responded and said they think it sounds like i need a shift kit and that my torque converter might be going bad. i did a search on shift kits on clubgp and it seems that people have complaints about them. i emailed the dealer about it, and they said i could bring it in and they would diagnose it for free and they could maybe do the repair for me at cost.

LPSPEED2 dad's shop is good. Northwest Transmissions.

He replaced my "c-ya later" tq converter with a modified gtp one that he gets made, and replaced two of my solenoids. was having overdrive problems.

trans has been fine since. :)

btw, i read in another post that he had to be rushed to a hospital, but i wasn't able to reply at the moment.

To LPSPEED2, I hope your dad is doing good, and wish him the best. He is such a good guy, and he was very helpfull, and was willing to spend as much time with me with any quesitons I had. Thank you!
Steve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info