3800 FS 1997 GTP

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
I'm selling my Black GTP. It has around 25,000 miles on the transmission (still has remainder of gm warranty on it) and 94,000 on the motor---The#5 piston chunked on me and i don't have the time to fix it myself or the money to have someone else do it. Obviously it's going to need a new piston at the minimum (probably a new shortblock which i can supply). I used a borescope to look into all the other cylinders and there doesn't seem to be any other damage, though i haven't torn down the engine so i'm not 100% sure on the extent of the damge (it will still fire up though and aside from the obvious lack of #5, it sounds like it should).

Asking $4250 as-is. I wiill deliver to most of IL and western IN. I can deliver it with or without a replacement shortblock. Email me for pics.

Car info/mods below.

Thanks for looking!

Jeff

MAP TB heat shield
TB spacer
DUB 3.25" + 3.1" (the 3.1 has never been on the car)
poly motor mounts
AFC v2 (custom mounted in the cockpit---above the map lights) pic here
http://www.clubgp.com/albums/AlbumView.asp...4700&picid=1499
Intense 1.9 rockers (old version)
TOG w/ ceramic coating
180* T-stat
RT high-flow cat
DHP V1
MSP cai (with K&N 9" cone and oil)
MSD ignition wires
SLP loudmouth exhaust (with Borla stainless steel dual/dual slash tips)
225/60/16 Continental Conti-extremes (about 80% tread left)
Satin finish torque stars (good condition)
Speedbuilt front and rear STBs (red in front and in back)
Custom red door-handle LEDs (triggered with key fob or interior light dial)
Street Sceene Grills (upper and lower)
mud flaps all around
Red overlays everywhere (side GTP and Supercharged, rear PONTIAC and Grand prix)
APC headlights (very similar LOOK to hid, but not much brighter than silverstars)
Bra
Muth Signal mirrors
5% metallic black tint on all windows (warrantied by ziebart or ztech for life)
Custom LEDs all over the cockpit...( i have replaced all the interior lights with LEDs except for the vanity mirror lights. the courtesy lights behind the head rests have a white LED in the center and two red LEDs surrounding it. The map lights were replaced with red leds and i also put in two additional white leds. courtesy lights on the floor are red, as are the lights in the door reflector. all the white led's are controlled via a switch installed under the little change holder thing on the left hand side of the steering wheel. This was a PROJECT! all the wiring is out of site and it looks clean. The red lights are fairly bright, but are more just for show. with the white leds on, it's like having the sun inside the car)

Custom install of Shiftview II made by BackinBlack. pictures here

http://www.clubgp.com/albums/albumview.asp...700&albumid=280

3-pod lotek gauge pod with boost, trans temp, and custom wot a/f (only registers .800 to .999mv done by gadgetseller.com)
Alpine CD/MP3 head unit (don't remember which model...it was 500 brand new 3 years ago---it's the balck one with the two line text display and tilt face)
JL Powerwedge 3 X 10W0 (fits neatly in the trunk)
JL 500 X 1 (powers the subs)
Boston Acoustics NX 6.5 coaxial up front and FX 6x9s in back

I was having what i thought were fuel issues a while back and wound up replacing the fuel pump resistor, fuel pump relay, fuel filter, fuel injectors, and fuel pump (wouldn't you know that it wasn't fuel at all ...turned out to be a faulty fuse box, so that was replaced too)
Brakes were done 2 years ago and are still top-notch

This car has all options available except climate control. (heated driver's seat, leather interior, moon roof, etc etc)

The body is in pretty good condition...no rusting or anything like that. there are a couple of cosmetic problems...the paint around the pontiac arrowhead on the front bumper is cracked, and the driver's side rear-quarter panel has a spot that was damaged and then fixed (decently) before i ever owned the car. There are no fog lights...i was going to replace them but never got around to it. The hookups still work though.

Interior of the car is in good condition. Only wear that shows is on the driver's side carpet in the front (the part right under the seat). Other than that, it looks very good--no scratches or cuts etc.

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
sorry for not getting back sooner...i had someone try to buy it, but it looks like his bank loan flopped...

Originally posted by snoop@Apr 12 2005, 10:01 AM
you mean chipped piston right when you say chunked right? and you will include a short block or long block or just a block
[snapback]79131[/snapback]​

I will include whichever you'd like. What you decide, will of course, determine the absolute final price, but i can do either. And yes, the piston is chipped, but i don't think "chip" describes it :(

Thanks,

Jeff

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
as someone who has seen quite a few cars for sale... you will be much better off demodding it.. and selling it...

honestly... even at cheap prices.. your mods could get quite a bit of money... and then sell the car seperatly... On top of selling things quicker.. you might end up with more money... even if you sell things at cut throat prices...

john

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
ok, i'm going to take one last stab at this...
$3,200 for the car, as-is

$1,800 for the car minus headers, rockers, pcm, subs, amp, grills, intake, pulleys, gauges, and stb's. I can provide cores for the headers, rockers, pcm, intake and pulley. If i can get a taker for $1,800 then i'll be open to parting out the rest of it.

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected] or call me at 217-714-1102

My time is winding down before i have to move, so i'll likely take any reasonable offers.

Thanks,

Jeff

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
Originally posted by Glasuan@Jun 22 2005, 09:10 AM
Well. he said he would provide the shortblock.  How much would 1 piston cost me to fix?  I don't have any tools, so I would have to pay someone to do it, or take it to a shop.
[snapback]88893[/snapback]​

fixing one piston isn't going to be much less work than replacing the entire block.

Of course i want to sell the car, but in order to really make this a good deal, you need to be able to do the work yourself.

If you are interested in getting more info on what the cost would be to get it up and running smoothly again, email me and we can discuss it.

Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info