3800 LS1 MAF, and Autotap FS

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

LS1 MAF, has about 45K on it. No screen, has not been ported, but is polished.
I'm looking for at least $30 shipped, will post pics up tonight.

Autotap, cable and software. Has all the funtions you need, digital guages only. The newer style Autotap software does not work with it (analog guages), but I have the most recent updates for it direct from B & B. Not sure what to ask for it, but I'd like to start out at $80 shipped

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Apr 6 2005, 01:05 PM
Hmmm...im tempted to pick the LS1 as a back up....how many miles?  Do you know the failure rate of LS1 MAFs?
[snapback]78473[/snapback]​
It has about 45K, it may be a bit more or less. Came off my Dad's T/A at about 6-7K, and I put a bit over 35-38K on it in my car over the course of 2 years.

I have no idea if they have any sort of failure rate. I figured $30 would be fair, because I wasn't sure. I ended up going with a brand new LQ4 that I bought to sell with a '00 Nstar TB I have sitting around (that's gone as a loaner for a long while). I got curious if there was a difference with the bigger MAF, so I had to try it out. I didn't notice any difference, but it matches my engine better :lolsign: so it's staying on now.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, stupid me couldnt read that you had already put the mileage :blink:

Im wondering if a de-screened MAF would be bad for me though. Since I have such a short tube between the turbo and maf, and there is a giant ubend, im thinking the air would be pretty turbulent crossing the MAF. The screen may be giving me a better reading.

Any opinions on that?

Either way I still think im going to purchase it. Can I call dibs? Thanx

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, I can't help you on the screen thing. I don't know if it'll cause you any trouble. My Dad actually popped the screen out of it before I got it, and he chucked it over holding onto it just in case. Last year, I filled in the ledge where the screen was with some powdered metal epoxy, smoothed it into the MAF body, then polished the whole shebang. It has a nice smooth entry to it, you can hardly even see the epoxy.

If you can let me know tonight that'd be great. I have something else to ship tommorrow, and I'd like to ship as much at one time as possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list