3800 WTB: SUPERCHARGER PART II

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
That is because IIRC you have a '97 GTP and like me we have a totally different setup as far as the vaccum lines go. Any 98+ will have a completely different setup and that is why it is not matching up correctly.

I do not know if you can convert what you currently have to the new style blower?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
How about letting someone from the club do it?

Honestly if the guy at the dealer doesnt know how vacuum lines work, they should be fired. Its that simple.

But if your stuck on having idiots do the work, I need better pictures of the bypass area. From what I can see, i would say:

If you look at your old blower. Notice that a vacuum line is running to the bypass actuator (the electronic gizmo), and you should of also had one going to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)

On 98+ GTPs a vac line is ran from the lower intake manifold to the top of the Fuel Pressure Regulator and it tees off to the bypass actuator.

If you were to look underneath your snout at your lower intake manifold. You will see a vacuum line come off it and go to your MAP sensor. On 98+ models, there was a Tee at the lower manifold. One line went to the MAP sensor, another one when to the FPR, and as i said, it Tees at the FPR and goes to the actuator.

Tell those idiots to use the 98+ vacuum line kit they sell. If they cant figure it out then, you should castrate them off.

Sorry....a little stressed at the moment :banghead:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Apr 5 2005, 04:21 PM

Honestly if the guy at the dealer doesnt know how vacuum lines work, they should be fired.  Its that simple.

But if your stuck on having idiots do the work, I need better pictures of the bypass area. From what I can see, i would say:

If you look at your old blower.  Notice that a vacuum line is running to the bypass actuator (the electronic gizmo), and you should of also had one going to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)

On 98+ GTPs a vac line is ran from the lower intake manifold to the top of the Fuel Pressure Regulator and it tees off to the bypass actuator. 

If you were to look underneath your snout at your lower intake manifold.  You will see a vacuum line come off it and go to your MAP sensor.  On 98+ models, there was a Tee at the lower manifold.  One line went to the MAP sensor, another one when to the FPR, and as i said, it Tees at the FPR and goes to the actuator.

Tell those idiots to use the 98+ vacuum line kit they sell.  If they cant figure it out then, you should castrate them off.

[snapback]78369[/snapback]​

no comprendo. :lolsign: :lolsign:

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Apr 5 2005, 04:21 PM

Honestly if the guy at the dealer doesnt know how vacuum lines work, they should be fired.  Its that simple.

If you look at your old blower.  Notice that a vacuum line is running to the bypass actuator (the electronic gizmo), and you should of also had one going to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)

If you were to look underneath your snout at your lower intake manifold.  You will see a vacuum line come off it and go to your MAP sensor.  On 98+ models, there was a Tee at the lower manifold.  One line went to the MAP sensor, another one when to the FPR, and as i said, it Tees at the FPR and goes to the actuator.

Tell those idiots to use the 98+ vacuum line kit they sell.  If they cant figure it out then, you should castrate them off.

[snapback]78369[/snapback]​

any chance of a part # for this vacuum line bypass kit?

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Apr 6 2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/partslist.asp

Is your friend:

Thats the part number it gives.  It should be listed as something like 98+ GTP Vacuum Line Assembly or "Vacuum Harnes".

That should give you the line from the MAP to the LIM to the FPR to the Bypass.  And your covered.

Good luck. :)
[snapback]78462[/snapback]​

thanks for the quick response. I hope this is the part that will get my GTP out of the shop. I can't take it anymore. I Just caled the dealer and told them the part #....hopefully it works out. I"m praying!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info