3800 a little how-to...

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Had some PM's on how to turn down the snout. (M90). I posted a pic of my SC project over the weekend in the general section on ClubGP. I didn't want to post this info there, but it's real easy.

I took an old rocker bolt, and threaded it into the snout. Then I clamped the bolt down in my bench vise, very firmly. Now the snout case can trun freely while the bolt is holing the snout shaft in the vise.

Put a sandpaper grinding disc in my right angle hand grinder. My grinder has a common sheild that I was able to rest on the vise to position the disc on the snout without shaking while I was holding.

I put a bolt through one of the bolt holes in the snout (on the side with the long offset and used it like a handle. Then cranking the thing like a Jack in the box, held the grinder on it.

Alternating the disk angle gave me a nice crosshatch pattern, then I switched to a flapper disc to give it a finer surface.

I originally was going to make a jig to attach to the snout and run my head porting tool over it, but that morning this came to me right before I started working on it. By the time the jig would have been made, it was done. :rolleyes:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I didn't want to post it up on Club GP, mostly because I wanted to see what traffic a link would bring from there to us.

Right before I posted the link on Club GP this post was up to about 8 veiws. After the link went in, it was at 40ish within an hour!

I think we should discuss more of the tech stuff here and leave it off ClubGP, and just provide links to here. There are a lot of people local to the club that don't even know we're here. At least that's what I'll try to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list