3800 not a bad day at byron

Well today my dad and i decided to go to Byron with my 1999 gtp......track was OK (like alway) and there was almost no one there. i made 15 runs. first was around a 15.3 (first time at the track) whit this i had a full tank of gas, all my stereo equip in the trunk (70 pound?) and my dad in the car...i launched the car at only 1300 that time but as i got more used to it i launched near 3 grand....best 60' was a 2.15 i believe....like i said track was just OK and it was in the middle 50's...for my mods all i have is a "upgraded" air box with it gutted and fender well intake but still the same filter (im ordering a 7" k&n but i just did the mod last week) best run of the day was 14.871. not to bad for all the weight, full tank of gas, first time to track, and a 4 door..nice meeting some of you guys out there for the first time.
Eric

Originally posted by MIKES3@Apr 3 2005, 10:04 AM
Good Job man. Thats cool you old man came along. I would have to out my dad in a stray jacket before he came with me. What are your mods?
[snapback]78029[/snapback]​
lol yeah my dads all into the raceing thing...he had to come with. im only 15 and on my permit...right now my only mod is a gutted airbox with a tube coming from the fenderwell into it..but i still need to order a cone k&n filter...so i dont think u can even count that as a mod lol.
heres some pics if anyone is intrested http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763823

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by Partyhardoo69+Apr 3 2005, 10:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Apr 3 2005, 10:04 AM
Good Job man. Thats cool you old man came along. I would have to out my dad in a stray jacket before he came with me. What are your mods?
[snapback]78029[/snapback]​
lol yeah my dads all into the raceing thing...he had to come with. im only 15 and on my permit...right now my only mod is a gutted airbox with a tube coming from the fenderwell into it..but i still need to order a cone k&n filter...so i dont think u can even count that as a mod lol.
heres some pics if anyone is intrested http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763823
[snapback]78034[/snapback]​
[/b]

DAng.. that is a slick lookin dragster ... betcha cant wait to start taking that down the track ... i also dig your golf cart with the sounds .. dat's tight .

Originally posted by gambino GTP@Apr 3 2005, 03:37 PM
That is a great run good job, Do you still have the stock tires or did you upgrade because our stock tires suck?? Do u know the specs on the tires ?
[snapback]78045[/snapback]​
hmmm i could go look at the tires..but they are new tires of what came with the car...so yes they are still stock tires....will be upgrading soon tho...thanks tho!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info