3800 ILGPC 2005 Mod/Race Day

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Okay everyone; here is what Lynn, Mike and I came up for the 2005 ILGPC Mod/Race Day weekend…

This will be taking place the weekend of May 21st and May 22nd (Saturday and Sunday)

Saturday May 21st: Mod day
Held this year at W-Body Store headquarters! (827 North Chestnut Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60004)
Start time of 10am
All mods are okay to be done at the mod day.
Mike said he has space for 7 cars in the driveway to be worked on (6 in the drive one in the garage). We have a fair sized backyard and people would be welcome to camp out with tents (I'd just have to warn the neighbors of ensuing chaos) and people would also be welcome to crash indoors. We have plenty of parking for cars (up and down the street) so that's not an issue.
BYOB as usual, and we will start a food list also, everyone usually does a great job of pitching in so we have food throughout the day to be grilled and eaten!

Sunday May 22nd: Race Day
We have some phone calls out there to a couple of the tracks, we are looking into this and should have some answers on which track it will be held at (right now it is between GLD or US41) within a couple of days!
Emails are being sent to sponsoring companies about prizes for the race day like last year. We will most likely have a prize list closer to the date, with some prizes going towards track winners and the rest towards a raffle with proceeds going to the site ($1 a ticket like last year)
Also all 3800’s are welcome at the race day, I know we have always had issues with this at the track days in the past. To qualify for a prize that is all you need to have. Out of state GP’ers are more then welcome to race and qualify for prizes as long as they are willing to come for the whole event (mod and race day)!

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I think the three of us covered every question that might pop up and should be able to answer them for you. Thanks!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, Mike did say anything goes; but an IC is a big job. Even with a kit you run into a lot of fabrication. I designed my whole system around a core, and even after getting everything I needed it took me 2 - 12 hour days to get it right. So, I would definately check with Mike and maybe line up some help. I'd be willing to help, but I don't think I'll be there more than a couple hours.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Apr 5 2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, my IC took MUCH, MUCH longer then planned..........about 24 hours or so when you start to figure all the parts I needed, custom fabricated crap, unplnanned cutting into the hood, Unplanned fuel rails, wiring problems, etc, etc..................
[snapback]78314[/snapback]​
Your IC was the IC install from hell though! :)

I'm sure we could tackle one half of the IC job. For instance, installing the core.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info