3800 To sell or not to sell....

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Well once again this guy at my work wants to buy my car. He said he will bring me 10 large in cash tomorrow. I dont really want to sell it but that is a lot of money. I love the car and I know I can replace it with a newer one or even get something different (maybe a Vdub :p ). To me it isn't just a car, I put a lot of time into making it the way I want. It is a hobby to me. The wife said sell it but she doesn't understand that what ever I get to replace it I am going to have to start the modding process again :D . Im just curious what you folks thought.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Sell it get a new one and do it right. I dont know about you, but everyonce in a while i buy something....and I like it. But I wish I would have spent the money on this slightly better one....or slightly different. Well you have modded the car and you know what you like and dont. So sell the car, get a new, lower mileage one, and make it your dream car :D

Also....make it better than your present car. That way you can rub it in the guys face later, and thank him for the nicer car :p

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
how many miles are on that one now???

I'll probably hit 76k this week :) .

Sell it get a new one and do it right. I dont know about you, but everyonce in a while i buy something....and I like it. But I wish I would have spent the money on this slightly better one....or slightly different. Well you have modded the car and you know what you like and dont. So sell the car, get a new, lower mileage one, and make it your dream car

I already did this one right. I didn't skimp, I spent the dough for the Koni's & Eibachs, I made the 18" wheels that I want fit, wraped em with premium rubber, spent the cash on a nice Alpine system (still in progress), etc. I don't like half assing things it tends to cost you more down the road.

Thats my problem I love the car and I'm not really bored with it and it has low miles still and is in top shape.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by HUNTERDOG@Mar 30 2005, 10:53 PM
Good idea!
[snapback]77561[/snapback]​

damned if you do and damned if you dont ...these cars have a pretty weak market right now . so if you sold the car for 10K you would be doing just fine money wise , some guys would kill to be able to try and fetch that kind of money out of our cars . with that being said .. he would be getting a clean ass GP .

on the other hand .. you love your car and how it looks drives etc. ( so do i ) ...but i guess only you can determine what it would take for you to actually bring yourself to let her go . whatever you do make the decision that you will be comfortable with in the future .. who knows what the guy would charge you to buy it back ??? ;)

P.S. Tell the guy you know where a jet black one for 4K less is :p ...iam sick of putting gas in this and now my gas guzzling Dakota . iam seriously looking for a Geo Metro

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
I don't know about you but to me the fun is getting a car that you love and modding it they way you like it. Imagine, you sell your GP and you can start off with a fresh palate. You can go for exactly what you want without the trial and error. Besides, you can always take stuff off that you don't want to sell. He can always up the price for the things you want to take off. ;)

Kustomkid54

Regular
Oct 21, 2008
I just looked at the papers. In Florida (no rust anywhere) a 1997 GTP is selling for $3,000.00 to $5100.00.
Don't know what they are selling up there, but with $5,000.00 I can mod the hell out of a car.
But I know what you mean. It took me a long time to find my GTX. I'd have a hard time selling it. But, for $10,000.00, I'll bring the title to your house.

Good luck. Hope you are happy with what ever you do.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Kustomkid54@Mar 31 2005, 10:39 AM
I just looked at the papers. In Florida (no rust anywhere) a 1997 GTP is selling for $3,000.00 to $5100.00.
Don't know what they are selling up there, but with $5,000.00 I can mod the hell out of a car.
But I know what you mean. It took me a long time to find my GTX. I'd have a hard time selling it. But, for $10,000.00, I'll bring the title to your house.

Good luck. Hope you are happy with what ever you do.
[snapback]77648[/snapback]​

i am definately going either German or Japanese for my next car... everything just seems to be better on those cars!

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 31 2005, 07:51 AM
Its kinda like when someone offered my X $40,000 for his horse and he said no cause the horse was sound and racing great, you know the next week it raced it fell over and broke a legg, can never race again.. and never made him the 40plus he was knowing he could of made!!
[snapback]77606[/snapback]​

yeah your car might fall over and break a leg so sell it------

hell no - if its running good keep it -

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

That is a tough question……..
I mean I look at it that yeah it would be smart to sell your car because you are getting a very good offer, but you lose money when it comes to cars, I mean modifying is for a personal satisfaction versus financial gain because even if you de-mod your car and sell the stuff, you still lose money, that’s how it is. It just comes down to how much you love your car and how bad you want a new one.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Well I don't think I have ever seen ten thousand dollars in cash before :D .
He came in and pulled out a stack of 100's. I told him....................................

sorry I'm keeping her. :D

It's not about the money. Money is great but I'll go to work tomorrow and make some more. I like my car and there really aren't too many other cars that have the style and performance in this price range. I was seriously looking in to an R32, we have a nice black magic one on the lot, but they are almost 30 grand and Julie can't drive it (stick :blink: ). So as sad as it may seem you guys are stuck with me for a little while longer :p . I felt bad for thinking about letting her go so I threw a fresh of Zaino on her and now she is talking to me again.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by tommmy3+Mar 31 2005, 10:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Mar 31 2005, 07:51 AM
Its kinda like when someone offered my X $40,000 for his horse and he said no cause the horse was sound and racing great, you know the next week it raced it fell over and broke a legg, can never race again.. and never made him the 40plus he was knowing he could of made!!
[snapback]77606[/snapback]​

yeah your car might fall over and break a leg so sell it------

hell no - if its running good keep it -
[snapback]77732[/snapback]​
[/b]

ITs an ANOLOGY!! DAHHHHHHHHH hello!!

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by HUNTERDOG@Apr 1 2005, 12:45 AM
Well I don't think I have ever seen ten thousand dollars in cash before :D .
He came in and pulled out a stack of 100's. I told him....................................

sorry I'm keeping her.  :D 

I felt bad for thinking about letting her go so I threw a fresh of Zaino on her and now she is talking to me again.
[snapback]77741[/snapback]​

Smart move Dawg. $10k isn't really all that much loot to have to inconvienience yourself buying a suitable replacement. You'll never be able to touch the performance and coolness of a modded L67 for the price. Let's be realistic here....what can you buy these days that's even halfway decent for 10K. Maybe a Hyabusa, but good luck riding that in February :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info