3800 94 Cava L67 Swap

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have a good friend who owns a 2 door 94 Cavalier coupe, and he is gonna do 1 of 2 things, sell his car, and get a truck because he wants more power, and he is a pretty big guy, or do an L67 Swap with the Cavalier, because we had seen that it was possible to fit an L67 in a 90-94 Cavalier and it would be something rather unique because its not common, so I guess my questions are, A )Is it definatly possible? B ) Any ideas where to get a used L67? C ) What kind of Tranny would it need/would the current tranny work? D ) Any websites on the subject that anyone knows about?
I would love the help, because I would personally love to see this done, and it would defiantly be something unique, and He definatly wants to do a project of some kind on his car, or even if he buys the truck it would be an older ram, and he would do a newer Hemi swap, even though I dunno if there is much point to that, So I rather he do the L67 than a Hemi Ram, So any help would be kick-ass

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
quick note, the Ram that he was thinking about buying was about 6K, and I can't begin to image how much a Hemi swap would cost, he also has an uncle who is a mechanic, and could probably do most of the labor on a swap... So any prices on engine/tranny Used prefferable, and where to find them would be useful also

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Wow, Fast response, Thank you fish for that car-part link, i'm seeing what We would need engine wise for around 1500-2K, and thats alot better than the $3700 it would take for a new one, and I would assume it would be a better idea to get a used engine for a project like this anyways? any thoughts on that, and also, I still have no clue about the tranny, like can the current tranny take it, any way to find out?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It would be safer to use the 4T65E-HD tranny that the GTPs come with. Im sure since the cavi is lighter, it will be less stress on the tranny. Building up the tranny a bit anyways would be a good thing to do if he is gonna mofify the engine. Might as well do everything out of the car to make it easier.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
l67swap.com really isnt all that useful, they have a pair of Cavaliers doing it, but no real resources on the site for Cavas, only Fieros, and as far as the tranny goes, how would that work? Because to my understanding it would be going from a 4 banger, 5speed manual, to a L67 auto, It wouldnt have any issues with the tranny given that the Computer/ecu/whatever it even is, is programmed for that accompanied transmission anyways? I suppose its not my problem to worry about setting it all up anyways :p, So I'll just tell him to use the tranny from the GT. Another question would be Suspension and Tires. He is a big guy, now, I'm not kidding anyone by saying this, he is easily 350lbs, and his car is already scrapping cause the shocks are just kind of worn, Past that the rest of the car is in flawless shap, so for new shocks all around, suggestions on brands anyone preffers? or what he should by wheel/tire wise. Right now the car is purple :p, We call it the pimpin purple cavalier for fun, and he was thinking about either bodykit, *I had the link for it, but lost it* or just black rims, and front/back light covers, just to give it that slighly suspicious look, any other thoughts about apperance for it? it really isnt that bad looking of a car for being a Cavalier

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info