3800 Shop with a mandrell bender...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Mike, Boyce industries in Franklin Park can mandrel bend to 4" pipe. I don't know if they will fab it up too, but you cannot beat their prices anywhere. I'd be more than happy to weld up whatever you need....my welder IS portable and runs on 110v.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
MIke, I know this is going to sound kinda crazy, but I had gotten my exhaust done at this place called Mexico Muffler and Brake that did my exhaust. They are located on Hintz & Wheeling just before 83. They charged me $150. Dirt cheap. I was kind of hesitant at first, but (#1) they just opened up and I know they need businees and (2) I really couldnt do it any other way except while I was at work, becaues its walking distance. I told them I would try and steer some business his way. Doesnt hurt to check it out. I'm happy with the job they did. I think your about 15 minuted from there.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well I wasted no time getting this started when I got back from the track this afternoon. I pulled the stock crossover and replaced it with the new unit with the turbo flange and wastegate mount on it. I also stuck a bolt in the turbo/ crossover to see how it's going to look installed. It looks like we'll need to rotate the compressor housing a little but barring any major calamities, this project should be done by the weekend. Progress:

A movie with the new crossover. (56k safe) This was taken after I reinstalled everything so I could drive the car to the shop tomorrow. So the exhaust is exiting right under the rubber intake hose where the turbo flange is.

http://www.wbodystore.com/images/turbomov.avi

turboin.jpg

turboin2.jpg

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Looking good Mike K.....though I am completely against the use of the rear manifold because of its flow direction.....even though the CT kits are performing with it. Got me confused for a sec cause I was wondering where you were going to put the wastegate.

Hope you picked a good shop out for the downpipe. Squeezing it past the EGR will be interesting. I took mine off. Also thinking you will need a lokar tranny dipstick.

You should try and get a 3" downpipe in there...or at least have a cutout installed. Im going to probably go with this:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=BCS

But without the T-pipe..

Also make sure you fix that oil housing direction :p

You going to A/A intercool it or just keep the W/A intercooler? Also, make sure you through some type of heat wrapping on the wires near the turbo...or they'll try to melt on you.

Looks good so far. :D You know if you ever have questions for someone who has been there and seen the problems with doing your own kit.....ill be here ;)

Good luck.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Oh yea...and let me stress:

SSP AUTOMOTIVE IS THE SUCK

If you have them do your intake setup they will run a pipe from the inlet of the compressor to the TB, and from the outlet of the compressor to the filter.

You truely dont know how far your mouth can drop until you hear a "professional" tell you that you have a reversed compressor housing turbo...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info