3800 STOCK HEAD GASKET size?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you haven't bought them yet, skip the MLS. Get stock gaskets and ARP head studs instead. If you're not doing it to bump compression, don't put them on a daily driver unless you have microfinished the heads and block mating surfaces.
Many people have no problem with them, but many do. They are not as "idiot proof" for installation technique. Stock HG's will hold much more boost than you will imagine, and with using head studs will give you a trouble free seal.
I bought a set last summer, and after watching all the problems people were having, decided to sell them.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Mar 26 2005, 05:53 PM
If you haven't bought them yet, skip the MLS. Get stock gaskets and ARP head studs instead. If you're not doing it to bump compression, don't put them on a daily driver unless you have microfinished the heads and block mating surfaces.
Many people have no problem with them, but many do. They are not as "idiot proof" for installation technique. Stock HG's will hold much more boost than you will imagine, and with using head studs will give you a trouble free seal.
I bought a set last summer, and after watching all the problems people were having, decided to sell them.
[snapback]77060[/snapback]​
100% agreed with Ron...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info