3800 How much of a project is it too...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Theautoguy@Mar 25 2005, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking of installing my ported manifolds and downpipe next weekend and I'm curious as to how much time it'll take me to do? I'm open to any words of advice from those who've already done this. (eg., front one first, take of the throttle body, drink a lot of beer, etc...)
[snapback]76941[/snapback]​

Use plenty of PB blaster or penetrating oil of your choice about an hour before you start. The front one is easy, but the back one is a pain if you've never done it before. It took me the better part of a day to to replace mine but seeing how I'm a newb when it comes to wrenchin that's not suprising. Before you commit to doing it I'd make sure you can get a socket on each and every bolt/nut so you're sure you've got the right tools for the job. Having several socket extensions and a wobble are very helpfull. GL and make sure you record your peak boost numbers before so you can compare how much lower they'll be with your nifty new flow mods :p

i would make sure you have new crossover bolts. i have yet to do headers or p/p manifold's where the stock crossover bolts haven't broke. i think it goes like

back manifold on, then bottom crossover. frong manifold on, then lign up front to top crossover. i think you can tighten the rear manifold up, but keep the lower crossover bolts a little loose for adjusting. after everything looks good. tighten it all up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list