3800 free credit reports...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
as of March 1st the midwest (us) can get a free credit report from each ofthe major companies..... ( 1 report per company per year ... but Bush still sux right? :p)

www.annualcreditreport.com

you have to pay to get a score.. but very useful info..

I would reccomend getting 1 from equinox first... fix your credit then get one from one of the others... then later get one from trans union .....

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
lol...

it gives you every account you've ever had open ... current balance... and what they (account) has reported ... (late payment reports) ..... shows you stuff that has a negative affect on your credit... etc....

VERY useful if you want to know if there's innacurate data in your credit report... (accounts you don't know of) ... also useful to guestimate your credit score

I paid to get my scores... each company was a different scale.... but given my age and the credit report data ... all were close to what I expected .....

You get 1 report a year free from each company :) so is VERY useful to make sure there isn't anything fugged up going on .... (4 years ago my lil bro did a credit report and it showed him as being dead .... lol.... I also have a friend that had an item on his report that showed he owed money to a hospital in arizona... turned out to be someone using his SSN frauduantely..... the score isn't as important as knowing what it's based on....)

Besides... it's free :) I had never run a credit report check on mysefl before... some interesting info came back :)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
the more you run your credit the lower your score gets not by much but It makes people wonder why so many people are running your credit. if you have never ben late or missed a payment and have cards and a few loans you will prob be in the low to mid 700's and 800 is perfect.

Brett

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
When I got it from Trans Union they had a lil FAQ thing that appeared and it said inquiring about your own credit report would have no impact on your credit score... though even if it does have a negative affect... can't be much (the feds just started this in March for Midwest where each credit company is required by law to provide 1 report every 12 months for free)

but regardless... it's a good idea to check your credit report if you have issues as there could be fraudulent info on it...

As I mentioned... my brothers Credit Report showed him as being dead (the one for Trans Union, others were ok)... a friend had some fraudulent medical bills from Arizona where someone used his SSN

I ran my credit recently since I'm looking into buying a house soon, I wanted to ensure everything was inline

Hate to tell you, but i've had the info on my credit for a LONG time now, and people tell me, its free, so i asume, hey, i can get my score finally...well WRONG! i don't know why everyone thinks its new...i forgot the site where i see all my info.....still have the password and username....and didn't pay a cent!

And mike....IMO...bush still sucks
:p :p

:lolsign:

Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info