3800 Would this work?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Eastwood sells good stuff, but it looks like the rated temp is a bit low. Definately can only go on the outside. I haven't tried it, but I have never gone wrong with anything from them yet. Have them send you a catalog, they have some kickass stuff.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I think id go a little higher too...

I know your trying to get that nice shiny look for cheap but you should really send your parts to JET HOT for a really Really good finish that will last and never rust.

Ive just seen to many paint jobs look like crap in a few months from the heat.

Good luck which ever you choose.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

That hi-temp paint at local stores does flake off after about a month, no matter how good of a job you do. As far as Jet-hot goes, the sterling is OK on headers, but on PEMs you need the 2000+ coating, and sterling on the x-over is OK. Jet Hot takes about 5 days start to finish, you give them a CC# over the phone and your project description. They will give you a price and a job#. You send it down to them, they accept your parts with the assigned job#, and they complete it and send it back Fedex 2-day or less. I think it's about $200 for headers, but they coat inside and out. It really helps lower underhood temps. I have my PEM's and FWI coated form them, and the quality is excellent.

You can also get them powdercoated. You may want to checkout Pector on ClubGP, he's doing that now pretty reasonably.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, I know what you mean. It sucks to have to dismantel and send stuff out, but it's the only way to really do it right. I got into the habit of buying and extra set of anything I'm working on to do stuff right.

Too bad I'm creating my own personal wrecking yard!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• mybluegtp
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list