3800 Just installed NGK Iridium plugs now misfiring

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by GraFFix@Mar 22 2005, 04:36 PM
how many ranges colder are these plugs? Im not familiar with the NGK's but i do know that they have that removable electrode at the tip...were they tight when you installed the plugs? wires all tight? fireing order is correct?
[snapback]76402[/snapback]​

Firing order is correct......i they told me they were 104's , plugs are tight......maybe the wires are bad, i dunno...this sucks!!!

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Mar 22 2005, 10:09 PM
55s are stock heat range, stock gap ...  but I was under the impression you're not supposed to run iridium plugs? or was it platinum?

Either way... check all connections, start her at night and open the hood, see if any of the boots are cracked
[snapback]76447[/snapback]​

I am having the feeling that these are just the wrong plugs....i am going to put the stock ones back in tomorrow, and return these, if it's running ok, then i know it's the plugs, and i'll probably go with the autolite 104's or 103's

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by horist@Mar 22 2005, 10:09 PM
55s are stock heat range, stock gap ...  but I was under the impression you're not supposed to run iridium plugs? or was it platinum?

It's the Platinums that are no-no's for forced induction cars. I just bought NGK Iridiums for the 2-door TGP. Hope I have better luck. They had 2 numbers for the 3.1, and these are SUPPOSEDLY the colder ones. I still want to call NGK myself to verify that before I install them. You guys gap your plugs that far?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info