3800 good body shop near naperville?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
alright well i just got the car our yesterday and I cant stand how its messed up right now.

as some of you know i got into an accident at the end of last season and the car has been in storage ever since.

the bumper is a little messed up and so is the hood and grills.
i'll be replacing the driver bag tomorrow, and will probablly have someone else do the passenger because it looks like its rivited in, so i wouldnt know how to handle that really.

But yeah anyone know a good bodyshop near naperville/aurora? i dont really wanna drive forever just to get this quoted. And quality matters more than price on this to me.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
all i got to say is WOW from car star, and not in a good way.

the guy there didnt really wanna work with me at all, with me doing things myself and what not, he either wanted to fix everything (air bags, dash grills, seat belt) there themselves or not do any work on it at all.

the guy was kind of a jerk to me also, if I had insurance paying for this and I didnt care about price i'd probabally go there but not when i'm paying for it and the guy hands me an estimate for $4500!!!

thanks for the recommend though rich.

i'm gonna check out a shop by caspers on monday, and then check out the other 2 places listed here and one more that i saw on club gp awhile ago.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If its the place on 60 across from Caspers, they gave me a decent quote when I took my car there when I had damage. There was another place in Vernon Hills. I forgot the name, but they were some crack smokers.

I got my car fixed at this shop in Gurnee. Id have to find the card to give you a name, but they did a decent job.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 26 2005, 12:27 PM
yeah thats the place fish, justin has had them do work on the car before and they did a pretty good job so hopefully i'll get a decent price from them.

its called carriage works btw.
[snapback]76998[/snapback]​

That was the place. Justin recommended me there to get a quote. The guy that hit me used his body shop in gurnee though.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
just an update I went to carriage works today and they are just awesome.

the guy was more than willing to work with me on things, he said if I can get the parts he'll put em on which is sweet! he even gave me a list of everything I will need, which is sweet since i am going to morad's soon.

Great price too, heres the breakdown.

All airbags and dash $340.

New (aftermarket) hood and bumper prepped fitted and painted, plus all damage to the front of the car fixed and painted all for $980

Gen 2 spoler prepped, painted and put on: $120

this guy was super nice and more than willing to work with me on doing this kind of stuff and told me what to do if i wanted to fix certain things myself.

and from what i've seen they do awesome work there so this is sweet. I should be able to have the car ready by IDD now. I was getting real scarred that wouldnt happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info