3800 Anyone know how...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok. So the kittens are at the age where they should start eating food instead of feeding from the mother. They turned 4 weeks old today. I bought some formula from the pet store and mixed it up for them. They just kinda looked at it, sniffed, walked in it, but didnt eat it. I then tried bringing the mother in to show them how to eat, and she ended up eating it all and the kittens just kept walking away even if I picked them up and put them right back in front of it. Anyone know how, or have any suggestions??

BTW, I have new pics. Ill post them up soon.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
they get cuter everytime I see them... so when can I take mine home?? j/k I know I gotta wait another month and you better teach her how to eat first... LOL

as for the eating I have no idea, did you try asking one of the people at like Petsmart, or call a vet and see if they offer any free advice, when I got Isis she already was eating so I have no idea! sorry :(

I never rally had a kitten that young but have had cats all my life.
However, I dont think the kittens will eat until the mother weens them. once that has happened, they will start eating on their own as long as there is food there for them to eat. they will find it....
best bet is to call a vet... they will tell you for sure.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Mar 21 2005, 01:40 PM
I never rally had a kitten that young but have had cats all my life.
However, I dont think the kittens will eat until the mother weens them. once that has happened, they will start eating on their own as long as there is food there for them to eat. they will find it....
best bet is to call a vet... they will tell you for sure.
[snapback]76308[/snapback]​

Cool. Thanks for the info. Im still kinda new at this kitten stuff. Dont really see me wanting to do it again. Specially in a one bedroom apartment. :lolsign: This time it wasnt too bad, but I wouldnt have the extra room like I did this time. It is cool though when they wanna play. Very cool watching them grow up and seeing them do new things every day.

I saw you driving home from work on sat morn i was leaving my dads

Hehe. I was very tired at that point in time. I thought about just going to my moms since it was closer, but I wanted to sleep in my bed.

This is the one I am keeping.

GC187.jpg

:ph34r:

just kidding :lolsign:

starrGTP

Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Fish,
You need to try puttting the formula in a syringe (without the needle of course). If you hold the kitten and put the tip of it in their mouth, they will start sucking on it. Slowly you add crushed up food to the formula and putting some in a dish. Eventually they'll catch on.

Rob and I had to do that with some of the kittens at the farm. Good Luck...or you can call Rob's mom and I'm sure she'll help you out.

Kristy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info