3800 toggle switch help

I

imported_Ron Vogel

IIRC the performance switch only needs 1 wire to ground a pin in the PCM. So you will need a SPST switch, with one side to chassis ground, the other to the pin. You'll have to hunt around for what pin, but I'm sure it's on the net somewhere.

I

imported_AchillesInvention

ABSOLUTELY! I just put one in. I didn't have performance shift on the car when I bought it. I didn't want to pay for someone else's shift knob, so I put a small, flat, black rocker switch from radioshack in the ABS plastic just behind the shift boot. I'll post a pic later. It looks sweeter than hell because people don't really know what "that switch" does when they look in the car. PIECE OF CAKE. You need to run it to pin 21 of the clear plug on the PCM to activate the Perf. Shift. And although this is just my opinion, that switch is going to make people laugh when you put it in. For NOS maybe, but PS? no. You will look like a chump flipping that killer switch and then seeing "minor" improvements. Unassuming switches cause more curiosity.

F

fastcash

it would look gay if it was the only gay thing in the car. but the list of lame electronic gizmos is growing (iccu, toggle switches, alky controller, just to name a few), and once you have enough, they cancel each other out.

maybe i will get an inconspicuous one, i am still alittle undecided.

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Mar 18 2005, 10:10 AM
sorry but this switch is gay.  look its a nitrus arm switch ughhhhhhhh  nevermind its a "performance" shift switch

lame
[snapback]76065[/snapback]​

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by fastcash420+Mar 19 2005, 02:56 PM-->
it would look gay if it was the only gay thing in the car. but the list of lame electronic gizmos is growing (iccu, toggle switches, alky controller, just to name a few), and once you have enough, they cancel each other out.

maybe i will get an inconspicuous one, i am still alittle undecided.

<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Mar 18 2005, 10:10 AM
sorry but this switch is gay.  look its a nitrus arm switch ughhhhhhhh  nevermind its a "performance" shift switch

lame
[snapback]76065[/snapback]​
[snapback]76176[/snapback]​
[/b]

how can you compare ICCU to a fake nitrous switch? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info