Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP@Mar 16 2005, 11:19 PM
Ive been in his car when he hit 145mph... and it was still chuggin... so i see that it is possible.

He had his race gas... so little to no KR what so ever. heh
[snapback]75833[/snapback]​

Has he scanned KR at those speeds?? At that point the engine is moving so fast that it doesnt matter if he has race gas or not. He can still only flow so much air and he is trying to shove more in with a 3.1 pulley on the blower. He should be lucky his car even pulled off after he "bailed" himself out.

People blow engines running at 100+MPH for a long period of time.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
holy crap, he is in some deep crap.

Looks like some money that will be going into mods, will now be going into a lawyer.

Trust me on this one, they take this crap seriously. It's considered a misdemeanor going 31+ over the speed limit...

I'm going thru the same thing currently, just not as bad as his. Luckily the cop didnt arrest me when I got pulled over at the time, because my past driving record was clean...

All I can say is, I hope he has a really, REALLY good lawyer. Or he wont be driving for awhile....

I

imported_Theautoguy

[cough, cough] ??? 165 ??? [cough, cough]

Excessive speeding yes, $400 bail yes, 165...no.

I'm guessing all of you "factory freak" followers will be surprised once the Blue Marble comes to the track with me.

Remember, I had the fastest Regal in the upper midwest for a while this year...considering that I went to Byron on January first! The cammed and IC'ed cars will be coming out in a month or two and reset everyone's perspectives.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Mar 17 2005, 01:24 AM
:bsflag:  :fart:
Nickelodeon Olympics :lolsign:
[snapback]75843[/snapback]​
I'm with Johnny. I'll buy this story once there is a scan of the ticket. 165mph in a mostly stock GP... This car gets more and more unbelievable every day.

s1gtp

Oct 27, 2008
I think you mean 31+ is a felony. and they usually don't let you leave. Even if you post bail, 31+ is usually the point, where you lose your car.

Also, I doubt he hit 165. I have been up to a little over 155, and it was completly out of control, brakes hardly work, sterring is so sensative. forget the knock issue, it's all about the ability to control at 165.

Plus, honestly, if he was driving that fast, he deserves to get his license taken away. It detracts from other people, who like to casually drive fast. And it's also a menace, that someone that reckless would drive, and endanger our families.

I don't care what kind of driver you are. For those who have been driving at 140+ it is scary, and you are NOT in control.

S1---

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by syP@Mar 16 2005, 11:10 PM
On his way down to Ohio, then Florida as apart of his 1 week trip..

He decided to see how fast he can take his car.

He his 165mph and was chased by 2+ cops in front of him, so he couldnt run.  He got a $400 "Bail" right there so he didnt go to jail.. and he has a court date in april.

Yikes
[snapback]75830[/snapback]​

WOw so the cops that were chasing him must of have passed him at 190 MPH to get in front of him..LOL!! :bsflag:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Yea 165mph would be like driving the car on air... very hard to handle..
I got a speeding ticket for doing 95 in 55 and they said 5 more over would of been a misdemeanor (sp) Luckly my judge dropped in court; of coarse I had to pay a fine, I just can't see him doing 165 I believe he could drive his car off the lot they usually give you 45days from the time you get the ticket before you surrender your license. He should have a court date on the 45th day of the citation.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got a ticket for 38 over the speed limit But I just let it go on my record, but the cop did not evean take my lisens as bail he wrote me a $150 ticket and told me he saw me slow down and that if I hit a dear going that fast I would be vaporized. $150 isnt to bad but the extra $1000 a year for insurence sucks

Brett

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
add me to the list of nonbelievers on the speed....I'll believe it when I see a scaned tix....and I hope no one else gets into the habit driving like that. Its a horible thing waiting to happen

My first ever speedng ticket was 31 over (96 in a 65) and I posted bond (100 bucks) on the side of the road. They wanted to throw it on my record and slap me with a fine, but I pleaded with the court that it was my first ticket, so I ended up with a 200 dollar fine and traffic school....little did they know that at the time I had a court date two days later for my second ticket ever :) I told them the same story and paid 100+ traffic school :D

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 17 2005, 09:20 AM
Usually you cannot take the schooling twice in ONE year...  sometimes if its in another county you can but usually you cannot I am suprised they didn't see the ticket on your driving record, they show up quite quickly...
[snapback]75866[/snapback]​

Yes you can take it twice a year you just cant get a ticket twice in the 6months of the first ticket. I should know!! :rolleyes:

Oh, wait I think you can get it in those 6 months cause i know your first class will be 4 hours and if you get a second ticket it ends up to be 8 hours. But if you qualify for internet classes its better cause they give you like 2or3 months to finish the class.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by s1gtp@Mar 17 2005, 07:22 AM
I think you mean 31+ is a felony. and they usually don't let you leave. Even if you post bail,  31+ is usually the point, where you lose your car.
[snapback]75852[/snapback]​

I believe in IL or at least cook county it's 40mph+ ... I had gotten a 39mph speeder last year but was clocked at 41 over... cop wrote me at 39 so it wouldn't be a class A felony ... seems it may depend on the county and wether it's a state or local cop though?

And I too doubt the 165... but for the fines and lawyer fees it's going to cost to get out of this i guess he can claim whatever mph he wants... better get a good lawyer or this will be the last time he hits 165 for a while though...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by mybluegtp+Mar 17 2005, 09:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Mar 17 2005, 09:20 AM
Usually you cannot take the schooling twice in ONE year...  sometimes if its in another county you can but usually you cannot I am suprised they didn't see the ticket on your driving record, they show up quite quickly...

Yes you can take it twice a year you just cant get a ticket twice in the 6months of the first ticket. I should know!! :rolleyes:

Oh, wait I think you can get it in those 6 months cause i know your first class will be 4 hours and if you get a second ticket it ends up to be 8 hours. But if you qualify for internet classes its better cause they give you like 2or3 months to finish the class.
[snapback]75870[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ya just gotta play the counties :) they don't share information (or at least didn't last few times I've gotten tickets)

At 1 time my buddy Davin was driving on 2 tickets in cook county (did 4 hour online, had to take an 8 hour), 1 ticket in lake county w/supervision, and 1 ticket in dupage county w/supervision ...

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
My buddy Matt. Some of you met if you were with us in Shaumburg. Thus story always cracks me up. He was on 90 going west bound into Rockford. A camaro SS pulls up next to him. Let me remind you that Matt at the time had a 91 Cavalier :blink: . The guy in the camaro tried scrwin with him. matt decided to WOT and hit 102 mph. The cherries went on and he got a ticket doing 103 in a 65. To make a long story short he was suspended for 1 year

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 17 2005, 09:20 AM

Your not very bright when it comes down to the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info