Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

fastcash

OK, so how much do you have. Peeps voted and we are waiting......

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Mar 15 2005, 02:24 AM
I am wondering how much knock you think I have with a 3.1 pulley that is on the car now.

I scanned my car, and know how much knock I have, I am very very overwelmed by this number. :blink:
[snapback]75575[/snapback]​

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Id bet your car is more suited for a well tuned 3.3 or even a 3.4.......

I am still working out some dificulties with my IC and I get some knock with that and a 3.0. :blink:

Ive tuned and its starting to get in control.......mostly under 1kr from 0-70mph.....

I seem to get a little more going over that.

Whne I didnt have it somewhat tuned it would be around 2-10kr........

Mostly around 2-4kr though..

TUNe and go a few sizes bigger. :)

F

fastcash

Now is this no knock at WOT, idle, or cruise?
if it is wot, then, i think it would be wise to check to make sure the knock sensors are in there still.

to bring up some interesting points:
factory freak: doesn't mean it has roller rockers with a higher ratio
doesn't mean the cam is THAT much more aggresive
doesn't come with a ported and polished sc

a factory freak is not usually a freak anyway, it has all to do with why one car is faster in the 1/4 than another with exact same mods, which in turn usually has to do with the driver

race gas will only cure so much kr

plug your knock sensors in or get them checked, becuase before you know it, BOOM

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
My scans ALL say 0.00.....everytime..cruising, idle, and WOT all the way up till 140...then I let off. The knock sensors are working. They were never taken off or anything.....they are fine. the car broke 27,000 miles today.

I just ran an IC GTP with a 3.0 I believe.......and I start to walk him around 50.

Does anyone throw a code for a 160Tstat????

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
That intercooled car is running a 3.2 because evean though he is running a short stack intercooler he is not safe to run a 3.0 pully yet but I rode in that car a week a go and It felt strong. The next time you come to town he may be running my old 3.0 with some race gas, or wait a few weeks and I will have my car out if you are in the area again.

Brett

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Mar 16 2005, 09:05 AM
I thought without knock sensors you car would go boom in a hurry.

Otherwise we would all pull them.
[snapback]75734[/snapback]​

w/out knock sensors it goes into a limp mode where it switches to the low octane timing tables and pulls more timing out... amongst other things ... It would be possible to basically disable the Knock Sensors in the PCM ... or their affect however... though not something that'd be smart to do in most situations

If you think about what a knock sensor does... it detects knock... it doesn't predict it (well it tries in a way, it does try to predict large amounts of knock prior to them happening) ... it's reactionary not preemptive ... If you have a car dialed in and are 100% confident that you won't get any real knock then no need for knock sensors ... but there's so many factors w/our cars that can cause knock ... it's not a very common practice to remove the sensors

(I raced my TA in 2003 not knowing a knock wire was pinched bewteen the block and lifter valley cover... ran a 13.3@100mph but was only getting 15* of timign advance... rest of the passes a day I bumped my low octane timing up and effectively turned my knock sensors off ... ran 12.3 the next pass and the engine didn't go boom... is also how I know the affects of setting knock sensor SES lights heh)

I wonder if an F-Body knock sensor would work/help at all in false knock prevention? I know 98 F-Bodies were really sensitive and would often show 2* of false knock ... but 99+ knock sensors were not quite as sensitive so 98 folks have been switching to the newer sensors

Thread Info