May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by ThaLord@Mar 14 2005, 04:01 PM
If anyone has 3 coil packs for the 3800 SC.. stock or otherwise.. let me know

Thanks!

John
[snapback]75489[/snapback]​

I know this may be useless info for you but here it is anyways. Try going to
www.car-part.com. not sure if there as "s" at the end of part, but I know you can get a great deal on factory products. I do have the MSD, but I havebt decided if I was going to part with them yet. i havebt even put them on the car.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Thanks.. I will try that..

I currently have the MSD coils.. and.. if you haven't installed them yet.. don't.. get rid of them... they do pretty much nothing, and mine rusted (could be another problem, but.. previous ones seemed to last a lot longer..)

And if you have installed them.. I hope you have better luck with them.. than I did.

John

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
What do you mean by previous ones. I bought mine about 6 months ago. Another thing just to gove you a rough idea. I bought a PCM form car-part.com for $75. Looked like knew. Its basically an on line stock net. You can pick where you want to buy from and negotiate. I think its worth it> I also bought a 100% min rear left tail light for $70 on there

I lucked out and got a REALLY good deal on some factory new "take-offs" on eBay. I guess they were removed from motors that were never fired up, or something to that nature. The coil pack and ICM were bolted together, and were attached to the bracket where they mount on the engine, still. Got 2 sets for dirt cheap. I should have the removed ones laying around in my TSTE trunk, I believe, as I've replaced the ones on that car already. I don't think there was anything wrong at all with the old ones, but I'm changing EVERYTHING regardless. If I can find them, they're yours. I have no need for them.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
one of my msd coils has a rusty stud but I have seen it with the stock ones too. Two of my friends with gtp's have the first stud on the second coil down rusted and so do I they have stock and I have msd I don't know why they would all be the same, and I cover all the studs with dielectric grese.

Brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info