3800 Dealer parisites (Car buying 101)

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Getting rid of our family truck. I want to keep it. Wife wants new-you know the song...We are probably going to lease. I can stand dealer salsemen.....I would rather hit them in the head with a hammer than listen too them! And my car contact is on vacation for a while.

They always try to screw you on either you trade or you intrest rate or new car price!

If we dont lease, which I think is the easy way out, im probably going to try to get rid of my truck outright...Carmax. I just want a fair price for it. Im not looking to make money..
Cash at hand is always best. But I heard their is a manufacturers sticker price which is BEFORE the DEALER sticker price that is jacked up. I also hear they have to show you this price even though the are all very reluctant to do so.

Anyone have tips I guess is what im asking? Is their somewhere I get buyer info besides going to the liabrary. Link? Please dont just say GO HERE cause I got a good deal. Chances are you didnt. I never did. These people fuck you out of your $$$$$ for a living. Donot underestimate them.

Thanks. 2000 Tahoe Z71 is the truck 55K

F

fastcash

for selling your vehicle, try to go somewhere out west, like oswego, or plainfield, that would be a hot item out there as opposed to going to Ford city area and trying to sell. ALWAYS get a few quotes first, then jack the price some, and place an ad in two seperate papers. Always get quotes in writing.

most importantly, you need to make up your mind as to EXACTLY what you want BEFORE you attempt to buy/sell, therefore your subconscious won't betray you or your actions. those people learn to pick up on any discrepecies of your demeanor, so, go in with a strong mind, definate vehicle to purchase, and don't take shit from them!

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
i work at carmax too.
if you are looking to buy new, carmax in kenosha sells new toyotas and chevys.

carmax will give you a fair value for your car as long as it hasnt been in any major accidents in the past.

if you cant get a car near invoice, move on to the next dealer.
there ARE somewhat decent car salesman in the traditional dealerships, its difficult to find. if i get greeted by a shmuck i wont buy from him.

if you dont drive a lot and change cars often a lease is your best bet, your payment is way lower and at the end you just walk away.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
A friend of a freind knows the Manager at the Oak Lawn Carmax. When were redy im going to see if they will give me a fair price for it.... My truck is in great shape. I just want to get rid of my truck and lease another one. Id rather go to the dealer with cash and I want to lease another Tahoe Z71 or Suburban.

Thanks for the help so far.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
You don't need to know a friend of a friend to get a fair deal. You will get the fair market value based on current wholesale prices. Quick and easy.
Why lease? Get one a year or 2 old. You still have some factory warrenty and can buy an extended. And the money you pay towards it is yours. Why do you think people buy homes when they can instead of renting? Of course lately houses have kept there value and not dropped as fast as vehicles do but same principle.
And no one makes money by screwing you, we make money by getting you what you want, then you bring your famliy over, then you send your neighbor, and so on and on.............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info