3800 Thought I lost my hearing, freaked me out...

Well on Wednesday, My g/f and I went to the Taste of Chaos concert. Man it was aweome. I think 7 bands played. I have been to a couple of concerts and after the concert, my ears would ring a little bit. Well, after this one, I could barely hear anything. I thought, when I wake up it will be better. Well it wasn't. My right ear was ringing like crazy. I got totally freaked out. Just yesterday did my hearing start to come back to normal.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by Fish@Mar 12 2005, 03:30 PM
Lets see you survive a mudvayne concert. ;)
[snapback]75285[/snapback]​
DRI w/ Pantera opening :eek:
5/6 SKinny puppy Shows
Front Line Assembly
4/5 Butth*le surfers concerts
more Naked Raygun Concerts than i can remember...at the CABARET Metro (yes i'm old)
a few MInisrty Concerts
7 seconds
Suicidal Tendencies
KMFDM
Sonic Youth 2x at least

i'm sure most of ther time is was TOOO drunk & TOOO close to the speakers!

i'm sure theres more......but you get the point....

.my hearing is SHOT :(

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I have worked in and currently work in loud enviorments my whole life.

From remodeling houses to being aournd woodworking machinery all day, I do it.

I have plenty of articles in my files about the effects of hearing loss if you want them, I can send them to you.

Ears cannot repair themselves. You most like have suffered hearing dammage from being at that concert. NOw, did you lose 1% or 5% off your hearing is hard to say.

When I work around any loud equipment I wear ear plugs.....extremely loud equipment I wear plugs and a headset.

I have a DB ratings chart and acording to them you really dont need to many minutes in a noisy enviorment to START having hearing loss. ANything over around 110 decibles is really bad stuff.

The funny thing is that our generation is reporting huge amounts of hearing loss. The truth is, we live in a real noisy world these days. They said one of the main things the doctors are seeing is from the headsets that kids wear at full blast,
SUB woofers and loud ass concerts.

The thing they say about hearing is that it is a gradual loss.....you barley even notice it. One of the first signs is not being able to hear someone talking directly too you in a loud enviorment.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by fastcash420@Mar 12 2005, 04:13 PM
nice acoustics. i think one of the best venues is deer creek, indiana. saw the alman bros band there and dave mathews
[snapback]75287[/snapback]​

its actually called the verizon wireless center now. and its a decent venue, i went to ozzfest there twice in high school.

and mr t what would possess you to go to a skinny puppy concert. :eek:

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Mar 14 2005, 08:18 PM
When I work around any loud equipment I wear ear plugs.....extremely loud equipment I wear plugs and a headset.
this i good advice....i wear earplugs all the time NOW....mowing the lawn, snowblower, shopvac, and of course with power tools......even sometimes with a hammer....metal on metal is the worst

might have to get a headset for this season of NHRA action.....if you've never been....now THAT's LOUD :eek:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by MrT+Mar 14 2005, 08:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Mar 14 2005, 08:28 PM
[snapback]75536[/snapback]​
r u kidding....some of the BEST concerts/theatrics i've seen!!!!
i also take it we've never met :lolsign:
[snapback]75544[/snapback]​
[/b]

no we have not, why does that matter?

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by Kyle+Mar 14 2005, 09:07 PM-->
Originally posted by MrT@Mar 14 2005, 08:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Mar 14 2005, 08:28 PM
[snapback]75536[/snapback]​
r u kidding....some of the BEST concerts/theatrics i've seen!!!!
i also take it we've never met :lolsign:
[snapback]75544[/snapback]​

no we have not, why does that matter?
[snapback]75548[/snapback]​
[/b]
nope

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by MrT+Mar 12 2005, 07:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Mar 12 2005, 03:30 PM
Lets see you survive a mudvayne concert. ;)
DRI w/ Pantera opening :eek:
5/6 SKinny puppy Shows
Front Line Assembly
4/5 Butth*le surfers concerts
more Naked Raygun Concerts than i can remember...at the CABARET Metro (yes i'm old)
a few MInisrty Concerts
7 seconds
Suicidal Tendencies
KMFDM
Sonic Youth 2x at least

i'm sure most of ther time is was TOOO drunk & TOOO close to the speakers!

i'm sure theres more......but you get the point....

.my hearing is SHOT :(
[snapback]75326[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats a nice list. Wouldnt mind seeing KMFDM, or Pantera in concert.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

To elaborate a little more with John...There are little hairs in your ear, when they are excited by sound they vibrate, which tranfers that vibration into nerve impulses, that your brain interpets as sound. When the hairs are subjected to constant loud noises, they will vibrate after the sound stops; that's where the ringing comes from. Generally, those hairs when pushed to ringing will fall out gradually over a long period of time. They do not grow back. Hearing loss from loud noise is permanent.

Generally, a concert or two won't do anything, or even cranking up the car stereo from time to time.
But...if you work in a noisy environment, or are subjected to a high level of white noise on a day to day basis, concerts and loud events are really bad for you as the ears are not allowed to rest enough.

Ear plugs are a great thing for concerts, they only cut the really annoying frequencies anyway. Most of the time with earplugs you can tell how shitty the band is live anyway; most really loud bands suck live, that's why they turn it up :p . I bring along my earmuff hearing protectors to NHRA events everytime, When those Top fuel cars go down the track it's ungodly loud. A buddy of mine and I rode our motor cycles to the opening event at Rt 66 several years ago, we were a mile or more away in traffic and as the Top fuel cars were running it was setting off car alarms that far out. Totally awesome.
Even with the earmuffs on the cars were so loud it distorted my vision while we were at the starting line. If anyone here hasn't gone to an NHRA event; it's a must! Kinda makes running 12's look pretty insignifigant. :p :p

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Originally posted by MrT+Mar 12 2005, 07:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Mar 12 2005, 03:30 PM

5/6 SKinny puppy Shows
Front Line Assembly
a few MInisrty Concerts
KMFDM
[snapback]75326[/snapback]​
[/b]

KMFDM are excellent but Ministry, at the Aargon, was the loudest! Put it this way, after the show me and my friend were next to each other and couldn't hear each other.
:headbang:

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Mar 15 2005, 09:28 AM
Ear plugs are a great thing for concerts, they only cut the really annoying frequencies anyway. Most of the time with earplugs you can tell how shitty the band is live anyway; most really loud bands suck live, that's why they turn it up :p . I bring along my earmuff hearing protectors to NHRA events everytime, When those Top fuel cars go down the track it's ungodly loud. A buddy of mine and I rode our motor cycles to the opening event at Rt 66 several years ago, we were a mile or more away in traffic and as the Top fuel cars were running it was setting off car alarms that far out. Totally awesome.
Even with the earmuffs on the cars were so loud it distorted my vision while we were at the starting line. If anyone here hasn't gone to an NHRA event; it's a must! Kinda makes running 12's look pretty insignifigant. :p  :p
[snapback]75595[/snapback]​

yep NHRA is seriuosly LOUD......think i'm gunna look into some earmuff-type....usually wear the little cyliner ones you roll & put in your ear & still cover my ears with my palms for T/F and F/C rounds... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info