3800 ABS prob... need a TechII

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't let it go too long if it's the hub. They get really hot when the bearings go. That "problem" Lee was reffering to was the case. It basically froze the axle to the hub, and took a few hours to get off. Normally a mallot can tap loose the assembly, I ended up trying a torch, air hammer, and eventually a 3 jaw puller with a breaker bar to get his removed. Normally, it's a 30 to 45 minute job.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Mar 12 2005, 10:31 AM
Don't let it go too long if it's the hub. They get really hot when the bearings go. That "problem" Lee was reffering to was the case. It basically froze the axle to the hub, and took a few hours to get off. Normally a mallot can tap loose the assembly, I ended up trying a torch, air hammer, and eventually a 3 jaw puller with a breaker bar to get his removed. Normally, it's a 30 to 45 minute job.
[snapback]75240[/snapback]​

Damn I'm f**ked then.. :(

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
I think I figured out what's wrong. I lifted the car up on the pasanger side and found that the conection to the HUB was loose. After a closer inspection I found it did'nt have a seal and there's abunch of dirt in the sensor. So I'm going to clean it out and buy a new gasket to put around it. Will see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info