3800 car doing some weird things

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So I am on the way home from work yesterday and I am taking off from a red light. All the sudden at the same time my tach and traction control shuts off. The car ran fine all the way home. I get home shut the car off and start it and everything is working perfect. Today on the way home I noticed the hud started to dim out and brighten back up. Stupid electronic stuff is giving me a headache. With these electrical problem could it mean the the alternator is taking a crap on me?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Mar 9 2005, 11:05 PM
So I am on the way home from work yesterday and I am taking off from a red light. All the sudden at the same time my tach and traction control shuts off. The car ran fine all the way home. I get home shut the car off and start it and everything is working perfect. Today on the way home I noticed the hud started to dim out and brighten back up. Stupid electronic stuff is giving me a headache. With these electrical problem could it mean the the alternator is taking a crap on me?
[snapback]74758[/snapback]​

well idk if you have an electrical problem or not, but my HUD does that too. It is a problem with the circut board. A connection needs to be redone. Its an easy fix if you know someone who can do it. If not let me know I know a guy in MIGPC who does them for cheap. Dealer will cost you an arm and a leg, because they have to take it out and ship it out to the company and makes the HUD.

Also doesn't sound like an alternator problem, but I could be wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• smug
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list