3800 tranny...someone???

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I picked my car up from B&C. he upped the line pressure....as well as other tinker toys. He took it out....got into it..with tranny hot/cold....no slipping. I drove it home.

I went from a dead stop..flooring it..sure enough no slip. I was next to this riced eclipse on this 4 lane road...sittn at a red light....turns green. I PB it to 1800rpm...let off and went....hit the shift....brr brbrrbbrrrb rev limiter......WTF!!! I went to another red light. no PB, just floord it.....no slips. I'm like that was a freek accurance.

I come up to the same eclipse again. PB it to 1500rpm....let off and go.........brbr bang into gear....slight revv limiter. I started to notice everytime I PB it...it slips between the shifts. WTF could cause this??? its only when I PB it above 1000rpm's. get it to do it consistently...everytime I PB it.

I might think its the PCM??? not high enough revv limitr? or its lettn it get that high in rpm's???? :eek: I dont know.

does anyone have any thoughts??? it doesnt do it when I'm not PB it. off idle it is PERFECT.

PCM???? shifts really firm!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Intense PCM.

Talk to Charles or Mike and get it switched over to DHP while you can. Had a friend say the same thing happened with his Intense PCM. Also heard another L36er on clubgp say the same thing happened. Threw a stock PCM in, and it was fine. Scott C told him it was his tranny. :rolleyes:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
when you get on it lightly and then hit it, is it in 2nd gear thend ownshifting to first? or is it still in first?

I dont know much about the internals of a trans but I had a problem w/one of my 4L60Es once where from a role if I got on it , it'd slip to the limiter , never tried from a dead stop though... didn't wanna break anything else...

In my situation was internal to the trans, something about a band not holding

While getting on a fresh built trans right away w/out breakin isn't smart... it shouldn't cause this I'd think...

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well. The people that rebuilt it....ripped on it HARD before I got it back. my mpg were down to 11. when I ease into it I am in 1st.....floor it around 35 so the tires dont spin..then when it goes to shift it bounces off the limiter for a second then goes into 2nd. this is only when I power brake it though.....not when I normal drive.

when It downs to first from a role it is fine shifting..nice QUICK shifts.

I will change my PCM, and hopefully it will go away.

F

fastcash

It seems charles has alot going on now. Plus he is sick. There are a few people on this board who are trying to get ahold of him right now, but to no avail. If he sets up a date where all of us can meet up with him, it would be easier on him, all of us, our trannys, and pistons ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info