3800 Rockford races

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well, I have a friend with a 95 supercoupe with the manual trans. we were all sitting in our lot talkn. This kid who drives a 98 Tibouron...challenged my bud to a race. :blink: . I laughed. the kid was like 18, kinda full of himself in front of his GF. we go out to the location we race at.

the supercoupe..forgot to make the right turn...and went tttiooo far. I was alreadty at the spot with the tib, and a turbo mustang. The kid in the Tib..is obviously new to the manual trans. He wanted to make a run down the road. He launched it ok in 1st gear. went to shift into 2nd.... rev limiter for 3 sec. The guy in the stanf told his GF that he was a dumbass, I thought the same. :rolleyes:

the supercoupe shows up, they line up....tib in the left, coupe in the right. drop of the hands and they are off. 1st gear the coupe pulls....then I see the tib go off the road into the dirt.....the coupe finishs 15cars ahead.

the kid in the tib said he had maddass torque steer and coulnt heklp it...I broke out laughing my assssss off. they set up for race 2. lauch again....coupe pulls and pulls and pulls. by then end of the quarter...the coupe is 6 ahead.

The kid in the tib told my friend..if he woulda got a better launch..he woulda smoked him. :blink: ................................................

the next race was between the turbo 4cyl mustang...and my buds AWD talon. they line up. the stang was able to build boost instantly..taking the talon by a half car, but then the talon spooled, and blew by the 4cyl turbo stang, and won by a car and a half. Very good runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the tib, will not run me for some reason :rolleyes:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP@Mar 8 2005, 08:15 AM
its ok.. he wont face the fact that my camry does better burnouts that his GT :lolsign:
[snapback]74401[/snapback]​

If I had more money for a transmission and tires, Id put cinder blocks in front of my back tires and hold it for 3 minutes. I however live on my own and have to pay for other things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTPPWR
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list