3800 anyone know Exchange 2003?

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
I just installed Exchange 2k3 on my test network. I am not very versed with exchange... more Notes experience.

my question is.... generally, how do I set up exchange to recieve emails for Harast.com?

I think I am kinda screwed since my internal domain name is chracyracing.local.
am i right in thinking that the exhange server serves mail only for the domain it is created in?? altho, i am serving my website www.harast.com via this domain but that is really handled by dynamicDNS. I know I can set up MX records on my dyndns host to forward smtp mail but have no clue how to get exchange to grab it or how to set up mailboxes.

anyone have some insight for me??

TIA

Chrys

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
jk98gtp.... thanks for the links! they were a help :)
how do I go about finding a relay host??

John,
I want to discuss this with you futher... PM me your # and I will try and get a hold of you this week or next. I seem to have it receiving inbound messages but I cant get outbund to work (smtp blacklist??)....
anyway, outside of trying to get around that, i want to pick your brain about setting up multiple smtp virtual servers as well as setting up receipient policies.

Thanks!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list