3800 How to hack and code?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
So yea, Just out of curiousity, where would one get the basics on coding and hacking.

I have small experience with VBA but thats about it. I liked it, but never got that into it. With the webpage i have been getting a little be more interested in code. I know that its extremely basic, but it sparked my interest. So is there any way of learning the basic of code/hacking.

Need something to do when the boards are slow :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
... learn a language and then look for poor programming ... poor programming is the easiest way to "hack"

If there was a tutorial on it then there would be no such thing as hacking :) it's just a matter of understanding something fully and knowing where to look for vulnerabilities .... not something that can be taught... it's something that's learned

as for the basics of coding... depends on what language... C/C++ is a good starting point ... many languages follow similar semantics and syntax... but coding really depends on how well you can grasp different syntax's and semantics ...

Just pick a language (a real language... not HTML) and learn it... then learn another, and another.... there is no tutorial ... just depends on how well you can understand and pickup on things

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Mar 3 2005, 11:19 PM
Well then whats the easiest way to learn a language :D
[snapback]73798[/snapback]​

you can search the internet for tutorials... or buy a book (when I got into coding I bought tons of books... I was like a kid in a candy store at Barnes and Nobles ...)

Any programming language is easy if you can grasp the semantics and syntax of it... programming in general is all the same... you're telling the computer what to do or how to display stuff...

But asking the easiest way... is like asking a musician "what's the easiest way to learn how to play guitar?" ... fact is it's not easy... but once you learn 1 language... other languages become easier to learn ... but takes alot of practice regardless

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I would learn C/C++ ... if you can program in C and understand pointers in C++ then many other languages will come easy....

In previous jobs I've coded in C++, VB, SQL, ASP, Java, PHP, JSP, SQL, and most recently I code a proprietary languge (Action Request System/Remedy) ... first language I learned was C++ .. and as I needed to use different technologies I learned different languages .... once you know 1 language well then you know the ins and outs of programming... so other languages are just different keywords, and rules

Keep in mind too though... how you write stuff depends on your OS (or the OS it will be used on) .... so you may consider installing linux and reading through all the documentation available on it ... knowing how to operate in a *nix enironment is never a bad thing ...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Mar 3 2005, 11:38 PM
watch HACKERS the movie, you might learn something :lolsign:
[snapback]73806[/snapback]​

LOL! a good movie to watch though is:

Takedown: The Pursuit and Capture of Kevin Mitnick

based on the book by Tsutomu Shimomura ... lots of innacuracies ... but a much more realistic "hacker" movie than "Hackers" .. the book is much better than the movie though

(ignore the fact that Mitnick is not just a "brand" .. he can't even secure his own company heh)

"War Games" is good too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info