3800 new car for me

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
well I have done a lot of work on the gs this winter and just don't want it to be driven that much, and my 91 buick regal was on its last leg, so I went out and bought a left over 04 saturn Ion redline, This thing is a blast to drive in the curvs, but on the streight shots when banging the gears it wheel hops from 1st to 2nd but it pulls hard I would like to see how it dose aginst a gp gt.

Brett

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It uses the same pullys as the m90 so it wont be hard, there is a company that is working on a kit, but they say you run out of fuel with just one size smaller pully than stock and they say that the m62 has a 3.4 pully on it and I have a 3.25 siting on my bench hummmm.

Brett

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Mar 2 2005, 05:37 PM
wow!!!!!  I never knew that they were that fast!!!!  not bad
[snapback]73600[/snapback]​

ya... GM's Ecotec engine is making quite a name for itself these days. i think GM has an Ecotec with F/I with over 1000 horsepower. pretty impressive for a good ole' American company! :D

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It is hard for me to say I only owned my gs for 3 days before I put the 3.4 pully on it :lolsign:
But this little ricer makes a lot of torque for as light as it is I would probly put it with a stock gs, if there was somebody that could drive a 5 speed good, I have seen posted times of 14.7 with a stock one. And there is tons of potential with this car there is a company that has one running 18 psi and they are daily driving it right now. this car also has an air to water intercooler from the factory.
just the other day I got my first race aginst a kid I work with that has an 04 honda civic with exhaust and an intake, from a roll of like 30 I left it in second so I gave him a prity big jump then i hit the rev limiter and got skerd and missed 3rd but when I got it I was gone by like 4 or 5 cars instant, By the way you can shift from 2nd to 3rd at 70 mph before you hit the rev limiter

Brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info