3800 stock wheel height?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
ok so I was looking at a set of 17x8 rims, one of my friends works at firestone so he can get me deals on this stuff, and they can get anything tirerack carries.

and there arent alot of tire options to retain stock wheel height.
which everyone at firestone was important to keep stock wheel height because otherwise it'd throw off the speedo (fixable) and cause dif problems.

anyone know if this is correct?

there arent alot of tire choice for 17x8 rims to keep stock wheel hieght is why i ask.

anyone know of some pretty lightweight (under 18lbs) 17s or 18s x 8 or 8.5?
thats just the gneral size i'm looking at.

S

sr71_rgl

To keep the stock wheel height on a 17" wheel you'd need to have a either a 50 or 55 series tire profile which won't improve handling a whole lot and looks pretty gay. I say screw the speedo and put on a set of 45 series tires...it won't throw it off more than a couple mph to the highside anyway.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle@Mar 1 2005, 08:44 PM
well the mechanics were saying its not good for the diff, and things like that, mph can always just be adjusted.
[snapback]73486[/snapback]​
Kyle, the only time it's not good for the differential is if the two front tires are two different sizes. There is no concern otherwise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Kyle
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list