3800 rpms are a little messed up..

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
This weekend I started to experiacne some problems with the car. Upon heavy acceleration, the car sometimes studders and starts to lose RPMs...

It gets all funny for a few seconds the feels fine.

Sometimes it happens under full boost.....sometimes partial...

Then, it will happen once........Ill try to reproduce the effect again and it is all good?

Have not scanned yet but no SES it set so far. Scanning tonight.

MIs fires?????????? :blink:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I was having something similar happen to me, but mine was a piggyback device off the TPS. I tried many things since there is a common ground to the TPS/MAF/bank 1 02 sensor. Car would hesistate/cut out on hard acceleration, but only sometimes. It was wierd, it would happen once the car was fully warm, and was sporatic for about the next 10-15 min, then it would go away. I assumed the TPS was failing, or had condenstion in it, but it was the Casper's V-boost. I had a beta version on the car, and once I replaced it, the problem went away.

Anyway, I would check the TPS/MAF/front 02 for problems in this case. I don't know the condidtion or milage on your front o2, but if it is reading sluggish at idle it may be bad; they tend to read richer with age. Look for linear response on your TPS voltage. And check all your connections. HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list