3800 New hard-drive

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Add97gTp@Feb 26 2005, 08:10 PM
So i just bought a new external hard-drive for my comp cause i was running outta space.  The thing that i cant figure out is how to change the program files from the C drive, to the E drive, which is my external...Any suggestions would help greatly..thanks
[snapback]73094[/snapback]​

Sounds like you will have to uninstall the apps and reinstall them in your new slave E drive. There is really no easy way to do it. You can copy the files over, but then you will have to manually edit all the registry pointers. So might as well uninstall and reinstall.

J.E.T.

Originally posted by Add97gTp@Feb 27 2005, 06:06 PM
Ok so when I am re-installing them, will it ask me which hard drive that i want to put it in or will i have to do it manually.  And if i have to do it manually...how would i do that?
[snapback]73159[/snapback]​

95% of all programs will ask you on install where you want your files to go...
just watch for the dialog where it tells you the location of the installation files. this dialog will usually have a "browse" button where you can select a location different from the default location.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list