3800 What gas do you use?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Ok may not be bad enough to pop a piston. But anyways....my story. A while back i had decided to start using 93 citgo gas, because BP....my favorite.....only had 92 octane in my college town. Well I noticed a raise in kr between the two gas. Citgo, even though 93 octane, was much worse in quality relative to performance. So I have been using 92 bp anytime i have been in iowa. Well the other weekend on the way home I was running short on gas...and getting a little nervous because of the known walbro fuel pump problems :( . Well I grabbed the next gas station i could find which was 30 miles down the road. Get there and all they have is phillips 66. So I picked up a 15.5 gallons of 93 octane from them. This past week I was going to do some additional tuning with the PTer.....but all of a sudden i had 4-5* of kr popping up when I hadnt had any on my last scan. So I decided to drive the tank out and try out the 92 BP. Sure enough after 92 BP my run was 95% free of kr.

So I would highly recommend people be careful with "new" gas in their tanks. I would keep an eye with a scanner if you havent. This has shown what I have always beleived, that BP is much higher quality gas than its competitors. Even with a lower octane rating.

This isnt new news for many....but i thought it should be restated. Good day :D

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
I actually just went through this with the dealer. I've always ran BP premium in my car and then suddenly last week at 9000 miles my ses light came on.

Brought it to the dealer and they told me it was a misfire in two cylinders and that cleaning the injectors would fix the problem. They related the problem to crap fuel in the area (I usually fill up at the BP on Kirk and Butterfield or somewhere close).

Needless to say, they cleaned the injectors and I've had no problem, but I'm also consistently running Shell Premium now and won't ever look back. The car seems to like that gas better anyway....

As far as I'm concerned after that, down with Bitch Petroleum.....

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by fastcash420@Feb 24 2005, 10:40 AM
sunoco 110 leaded.........

j/k

BP first, Shell if not around a BP, each fill up mixed with 3 gal of 100 octane in the summer (for kr reasons)
[snapback]72761[/snapback]​

If you wanna go that route. 110 Cam2..3.89gal.....use on Thursay-Sunday :rolleyes: 0KR

I use V power to clean my fuel system the rest of the week

F

fastcash

your talking leaded gas, or unleaded?

Originally posted by GTPPWR+Feb 24 2005, 10:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-fastcash420
@Feb 24 2005, 10:40 AM
sunoco 110 leaded.........

j/k

BP first, Shell if not around a BP, each fill up mixed with 3 gal of 100 octane in the summer (for kr reasons)
[snapback]72761[/snapback]​

If you wanna go that route. 110 Cam2..3.89gal.....use on Thursay-Sunday :rolleyes: 0KR

I use V power to clean my fuel system the rest of the week
[snapback]72852[/snapback]​
[/b]

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by fastcash420+Feb 25 2005, 03:07 PM-->
my sarcasm detector is broke, are you being?

<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Feb 25 2005, 02:57 PM
Clark 87 octane with NOS brand octane booster (the good shit, adds 5-7 points!!! woot! :p)
[snapback]72976[/snapback]​
[snapback]72978[/snapback]​
[/b]

heh sorry... didn't mean to send your sarcasm detector so far over it broke :p

GTP i put 93 octane in, TA I have to put 93 octane in due to the raised compression

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info