3800 Pontiac G6

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Styling wise I like it. I only know 1 person with one though... and he's not very fond of it (he lives in Iowa... and from what he's said when they got some snow it didn't handle very well... granted he's running the stock tires... w/some snows would probably make a world of difference)

The Chevy Avalanche's are really nice...

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Well I have a '05 G6 GT and I like the car alot. I guess being a GM/Pontiac sucker I stick with domestic cars over foreign cars anyday here! The car itself it awesome, I really have no complaints at all. I have driven it all winter and not once had a problem with handling in snow or anything. The car definitlely has a lot more features that are nicer than are offered on the Grand Prix's and even Bonneville. I have the GT model with every option so I do not know how the Base Models compare but I love it. The car's suspension handles awesome, I wish I could get my GTP to handle like that! With leather, dual heated seats, panaormaic sunroof, six disc in dash cd changer, DIC, E-Shift, etc. It's been a great car and a lot of fun to tool around in...

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Rocky@Feb 24 2005, 09:24 AM
I thought the G6 commercial said it had more power than the Altima?
[snapback]72750[/snapback]​

ya... the Altimas standard 4 cylinder has 175 hp... Pontiac likes to brag about there standard motor always out-powering the standard motors in the Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.... thats part of the reason why they sell so many of them. However, they never talk about the optional V-6's in the Jap cars though! Altimas V-6 has 260hp, Accord V-6 is about 240 i think, and Camry has abut 225hp. the V-6 in the G6 just doesn't have the beans to compete with the Jap sixes. i do prefer the the styling of the G-6 over all the rest though... particularly the Accord, those things are freakin Fugly! Now if only GM would stick there "High Feature" 3.6 liter V-6 in the G-6... then they would have a REAL import fighter! :D

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Well I know that from year to year there are always changes to correct things, but I have owned my G6 now for over 5 months and have yet to have any problems with it (knock on wood).

It is your choice when buying a car as to what you feel comfortable with. Overall the car has been great transportation and has handled exceptional in these winter months.

Good Luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info