3800 What PCM modifications do i need

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Right now, my DHP pcm is tuned for a standard 97 GTP with 42.5# injectors...

i have stock injectors.... (pcm was bought used off clubgp.. i guess previous owner didnt care? heh)

dont worry aboutthat.. i will get that fixed..

i will have a intense stage 2 cam in it... that is about it.

Raised shift points? Timing adjust?? what do i need so Ron Vogel can do it for me.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
The DHP i had was programmed for 42.5 injects? what??? The guy i bought that off of on clubgp used it for a 97 that had cold air and exhuast, i don't think the settings were ever changed from when you bought a standard DHP V 1.0. I never had anything changed except a case learn because all i added was the ported mani. and rockers so i never bothered.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

No, I said the injector table looked funny. It was one number for the entire table, and set different than it should normally be. I checked with Charles on it. The 97's were set-up a bit different than the later year DHP's. There are several places in the PCM that can be changed to alter fueling charateristics, injectors are one of them. The values in the PCM I saw actually indicated a value that would be LESS than stock. This fools the PCM to command higher flow through the stock PCM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info