3800 In need of help from fellow Chicago Area owners

*Sorry for the length*

Ok. i havent posted on here in quite awhile but i've come back in my time of need :( . last weekend i installed the zzp stage 2 hvtb w/o a real problem. after it was installed and my pcm was reset i immediately noticed, by scanning, that the car was not in the least bit allright. thru a lot of swearing and a weekend of messing w/ things, i discovered that my car does not like a tb w/o a screen. so i popped my screen back in and the car seemed to be back on the right track (w/o the screen, my fuel trims were pegged at around -20 and w/ the screen they started to look more normal). so i spent the better half of monday afternoon/evening tuning the car to at least what an acceptable daily driver. late monday night i took it out for its first wot run. there was some kr, but nothing i was too worried about. as the week went on the car just didnt feel right...seemed overly sluggish during cruise and not quite right at wot. i know my downpipe is hitting my sway so that some of my kr and i've been meaning to fix that...but the car just seems, well, really off. anyway...i was out in arlington heights tonight so i decided to scan the car the entire way home on 90. i did basic cruising at around 80mph and a few wot runs. i get home and i find that when i punched it from around 60-85 or so, i had kr all over the place. my o2s seem mediocre at best (started off decent but quickly started leaning out), but my kr is nuts. below is a snipet of what the car was doing during the quick wot run. i have iac scanning cause i think i have a vac leak someplace. the tb is sealed up really good but something just seems wrong.

mph o2's maff lfts KR IAC
59.7 925 10246 1.6 3.11 110
62.1 940 10267 1.6 2.5 111
55.3 940 10219 1.6 1.9 112
64.6 945 10219 1.6 T.O. 112
67.7 935 2574 1.6 3.8 112
69.6 940 10257 1.6 11.82 112 <---------pretty sure that one is false
70.8 940 2584 1.6 2.59 112
73.3 T.O. T.O. 1.6 5.52 112
75.2 935 10347 1.6 4.92 T.O.
T.O. 945 9927 1.6 3.71 112
80.2 930 9465 1.6 3.11 112
81.4 920 8759 1.6 2.5 112
80.8 880 6819 1.6 1.9 112

i cant tell if this is burst knock or what. i didnt think burst descreased multiple times in a row (ie: 54321, then repeates again). i dont know if i just need to tune more (i currently have my afc just set at 104% across the board right now b/c, well...who knows at this point. i guess the point of this post is this: i need help. i'm at my wits end w/ this car. i dont know what to do now. my friends arent really a help at this point and i'm just, well, its depressing. if ANYONE in the elgin area, vicinity, hell, w/in an hour or so of me, has a powertuner or hptuners kit, and wants me to help scan and tune as well as look over my car and see if they can find whats wrong, i would be forever in their debt.

you can reach me either by posting in here or

aim: crazymook69
email: [email protected]

if theres any questions that need to be asked, by all means ask them. i want to have this damn problem resolved asap. so...now i sit and wait :( :) :unsure:

S

sr71_rgl

You definitely have some KR issues that will only get worse as it warms up outside, but that spike is probably a bad reading from LS1M. It sometimes reads crazy numbers. I'd say you need to richen up a lil on the midrange 1 maybe 2%starting around 6khz all the way to 10.2khz. I'd be willing to bet it will clear up that KR until outside temps are above 60*. What pulley are you running?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
First off. The ZZP TB is meant to be run without a screen. SO remove that.
Than check for leaks from the TB. HOw did you seal the TB to the SC? Did you use a new gasket? Seeing as your Ltrims are pegged this leade me to beleive you have a leak. Next disconnect your AFC. Run the car without the AFC. Check all your parameters like this.

NOw if everything checks out re-introduce your AFC. Now adjust everything back too 100% and scan car again. NOw adjust your AFC as to reduce knock.

Also what injectors are you running i hope it isnt stock? Check your pulse widths.. Remember larger TB more air ..which mean more fuel.. and an AFC can only bandaid the situation..not really aleviate it..

i'm running 42.5lb injectors. the screen is back IN b/c my car was running even worse w/o it. my fuel trims were pegged at -22 when the screen was out. i'm not putting it back in. the tb is sealed w/ the gasket and rtv. theres no leak from that. i do think i have a vac leak somewhere else tho and i have yet to pinpoint things. i'm going to change out my plugs today b/c i have a feeling i may have fouled them out when the car was running so damn rich last weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list